Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

the operations done / i gotta get the egg off that crock

Options
eggor
eggor Posts: 777
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
IMG_1181_1.jpg
<p />I took Clays advice on the wire bale for a handle. welding may have been faster but i think the wire bale will work better. [p]IMG_1182_1.jpg[p]a few weeks ago Clay also shot me a pic of his ash pan that i copied using a small coffee can that i trimmed up with some tin snips[p]IMG_1183_1.jpg[p]like i said this colander looks like a perfect fit for the small and should make cleaning this a snap.[p]Doing a test run now to see how well the airflow is, actually it seems to be burning a lot hotter since the air holes in the firebox are not being blocked by lump.[p]here's a link to the colander. I got a better deal buying it at Ace Hardware.[p]Scott[p]OH, when i cleaned out the egg and removed the firebox, the small egg just about fell off the pickle crock its been setting on (just a little top heavy) gonna go see if i can get a little work done on the new table.
[ul][li]NORPRO 227 Colander[/ul]

Comments

• djm5x9
    djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    Options
    eggor:[p]You need to blow some larger holes in the bottom of that sucker. That ash has got to go some where.

• eggor
    eggor Posts: 777
    Options
    djm5x9,[p]will probablly bump all the holes, on the bottom, up to about 1/4 inch. I held the egg @ 250 for about an hour. Pulled the lump holder and put it in the large to kill the fire. Left the dome on the small open and it had cooled off almost completely in about an hour. [p]Gotta get some power degreaser on my hands, I just finished slicing a whole mess of Jalapenos and my hands are burning up!!![p]Scott

• Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    eggor,
    Looking great! You sure do good work and I admire your creative talent. You might want to fire your baby up and give it a try this evening to see how things work out. You can always drill more air holes later if you need them. Try drilling on the sides first so ash will accumulate to the bottom of the stainless bucket and facilitate clean up. Let us know how it works out! :o) [p]I got a question pertaining a wok setup I'm thinking off. I'll post some pictures so you'll see my situation. This invention stuff takes more than my 2 brain cells.
    Keep up the good work,
    Clay

• Charbon
    Charbon Posts: 222
    Options
    eggor, I don't know what the final plan is on this? I'm always looking for new ideas and gizmos with the small egg. I would guess the bail enables one to swing 360 degrees with hot coals and smoke while yelling incantations? There might be someone following up with water sprinkles as blessings? I think I've seen this on TV with orthodox Holy men from far away places. Rolling lump to remove ash is rather simple especially using an old wok tool.