Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My Yummy Stuffed Chicken

Options
mollyshark
mollyshark Posts: 1,519
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I finally got up the energy (and was in town long enough) to make my spinach/cheese-stuffed chicken. It mixes wilted spinach (cooked, not ancient) with ricotta, romano, and egg, spices, swiss, and some other stuff. You stick it under the skin on a whole chicken. It always gets rave reviews so thought I'd try it on Eggy. Only problem I found was how well the Egg retains moisture. Instead of the spinach mix coming out like a creamed spinach consistency, it was almost runny. Of course a normal oven cook would dry it out, whereas the Egg adds additional moisture. It was still delish. Maybe something for EggFest. I guess I'll have to cut back the amount of liquid used in prep. Has anyone else found this with stuffings or fillings to avoid them being watery?

Comments