Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Duck Recipe

Options
Dixieland Delights
Dixieland Delights Posts: 59
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Limited on Teal Friday and Saturday this weekend. I Breasted most of them but was able to keep a couple whole. I am looking forward to egging my first game tonight and need an awesome recipe to wow the neighbors and wife!

Comments

• dixielanddelights,
    I would score the skin on the breasts without cutting the meat, quick grill on the egg and make a cherry sauce ( or peach)
    48 cherries9 you can use the frozen ones)
    1 Tb lemon juice
    3 Tb port or cognac
    2-3 Tb sugar
    2 Tb softend butter
    After grilling the spoon over the breasts.
    if using peaches use 3 large or 6 small, you can use canned peaches, be sure to drain them.

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    360 guy,
    Dang that sounds good. On a camping trip once....high in the Rockies...a buddy of mine simmered some dried bing cherries in some cognac. We spooned it into cups, and sat there on a cool night looking at the shooting stars...just suckin that stuff down. Yowza.[p]Throw in a couple seared duck breastisses, and heaven you got!
    Thanks for that.
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Options
    360 guy,[p]Mmmmmm! That cherry sauce sounds wonderful! Now, I just need some duck to go with it! It's pretty hard to get around here, and the only option is frozen.[p]Tonia
    :~)