Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Cook Begins

Options
JohnL
JohnL Posts: 27
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
ppork.jpg
<p />Well, here's the start of my first cook on my new BGE. I first bought 2 boston butts, but later decided to freeze one of them and do a whole shoulder instead. So, In the above pic I have a 9lb boston butt and a 10lb whole shoulder rubbed in Elder Ward's rub and awaiting the BGE. They are in the V rack and the BGE was stabilized at 250 dome, and those big hunks of pork went on the Egg at 11:00 am. I'm planning on finishing them at 300* dome after they reach 175 degrees. I'm thinking about 3 am they should be ready to turn up and hopefully finish at 6 am. After they are finished, I'm putting on 6 racks of St. Louis style ribs and hopefully have everything ready about noonish.
Man, even after only being on the Egg for an hour, the smells coming from Humpty is amazing. I'm a homebrewer also, and have plenty of good, hoppy American Pale Ale on tap, so a good time should be had by all. I'll post some finished pictures hopefully sometime tomorrow. In the mean time, If I run into problems, its good to know all you guys are around the computer today for help. I'll be monitoring the forum as well.[p]Happy 4th everyone,
John

Comments