Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

leg of lamb

BGEBrian
BGEBrian Posts: 24
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Need some help on cooking leg of lamb. is guava wood ok? direct vs. indirect?

Comments

• bgebrian,
    I've cooked boneless legs of lamb either opened up or still rolled up, direct on a raised grid, 325-350 until the internal temp is about 145. As I remember, I used apple wood the last couple of times.[p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    The Naked Whiz,
    lamb is such a perfect thing to begin with.
    if you are doing a roast, well
    i do slivers of garlic under the surface (point of a knife and slide the garlic in), kosher salt, cracked pepper, EVOO, maybe some rosemary sprigs...[p]follow the basic guidance of any cookbook for time and temp, just pull it earlier than they all tell you. over 145 and it's overcooked. i think i'm on at 400, a high roast temp. maybe it's more like 350, then spiking towards the end for a little crust.[p]i find oak, in small amounts, adds the perfect simple smokey touch.[p]i do one every easter, and it does not last long. my 16 year old nephew, who grew up on chicken fingers, devoured about a quarter of it, up til someone told him what he was eating, that is.[p]god forbid he acknowledge something was 'good'[p]hahhaha

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante