Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lump/Smoking Wood - Columbia, SC

Options
ted
ted Posts: 51
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Anyone here in or around Columbia, SC? If so, can you give me some good sources for lump and/or smoking wood?

Prior to getting my egg, I was already using lump. I was getting Original Charcoal Company from my local Bi-Lo food store. I was very satisfied with it and quite pleased to have an easy source. Then, I got my egg and it came with Cowboy lump (to my surprise, I expected BGE brand). I did not like the Cowboy as much, but I had it so I used it. Yesterday, I went to Bi-Lo to buy more Original Charcoal Company lump and they had no more. All they had was small bags of Cowboy! Arrrgh. So, I am on a search for lump. I would rather not have to buy Cowboy from my local BGE dealer. That certainly won't be the cheapest route. And, I don't want to buy 10lb. bags of Cowboy either. There has to be more out there somewhere.

I would also like to find some good smoking woods. I found Hickory at Lowe's and my wife brought some Mesquite home from Bi-Lo. But, I would like to branch out and try some of the other, lighter flavors too.

So... any suggestions will be appreciated.