Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

T-Rexing a Brisket

BlueSmoke
BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Based on the ease and deliciousness of the flank steak we cooked for the demo (below), I did a brisket yesterday. It was a 3.5 pound flat, just right to fit on the small.[p]I began by marinating it overnight in a marinade modified from Martin Yan. That was 2 Tablespoons soy sauce, 1 Tablespoon rice vinegar, 1 Tablespoon sugar, 1 tablespoon sesame oil and 1 Tablespoon fish sauce.[p]I began by searing at 600 degrees for 90 seconds on each side. I then shut down till the temp dropped to 250 degrees (about 35 minutes), added chunks of hickory and cooked the brisket to an internal 185. (3 to 3 1/2 hours cooking time, direct.)[p]Taste and tenderness were fantastic. I plan on doing it again, but next time I'll do the long cook indirect. (There was a little burn on the "non-fat cap" side.)[p]Ken