Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Now that the Oct 6th deadline for registering is past

RRP
RRP Posts: 25,985
All I got (and I assume anybody else for that matter) were pro forma email replies saying my egg(s) were now registered - but no identification other than the email address I used. So how is this going to work? I walk into ACE and say I registered and that is supposed be ample proof? 

Comments

• buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,854
    edited October 10
    RRP said:
    All I got (and I assume anybody else for that matter) were pro forma email replies saying my egg(s) were now registered - but no identification other than the email address I used. So how is this going to work? I walk into ACE and say I registered and that is supposed be ample proof? 

Did you get the tattoo?

NOLA
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,128
    I guess the warranty claim link would be the first place to start.
    https://biggreenegg.com/warranty-claim/
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,372
    @RRP and @HannahGreeneEgg please verify, my understanding is you get warranty approval from BGE corporate as the first step.  Then you present the corp approved valid claim to the dealer.  That dealer is then obligated to honor the claim.
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • GatoGordo
    GatoGordo Posts: 83
    It seems pretty clear to me.

From https://biggreenegg.com/warranty/

Register Your EGG

We want to make this as easy as possible. Registering your Big Green Egg is quick, and easy. All we need is your EGG ID and your proof of purchase and you’re set for life.

Start a Claim

Enter the email you used to register your EGG and upload 2-3 pictures of the broken part. That’s all we need. We’ll get back to you within 2 business days! 

Approval

Once your claim is approved, you can choose to have replacement parts shipped directly to you (shipping costs may apply) or get them fulfilled at no cost through any local dealer.

LBGE, Stoker WiFi, UDS, Pit Barrel Cooker
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,261
    GatoGordo said:
    It seems pretty clear to me.

From https://biggreenegg.com/warranty/

Register Your EGG

We want to make this as easy as possible. Registering your Big Green Egg is quick, and easy. All we need is your EGG ID and your proof of purchase and you’re set for life.

Start a Claim

Enter the email you used to register your EGG and upload 2-3 pictures of the broken part. That’s all we need. We’ll get back to you within 2 business days! 

Approval

Once your claim is approved, you can choose to have replacement parts shipped directly to you (shipping costs may apply) or get them fulfilled at no cost through any local dealer.

to be clear, we now have eggs registered to an email account, not to a serial number on the older eggs ;) what could possibly go wrong from here.......
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,648
    I don't feel it is very straight forward.  

From the BGE main page, there should be a "my account" or "my profile" link that you can use to log in to view your profile, a list of registered eggs, etc. From there you should be able to start your claim.

INSTEAD (If you simply want to view the eggs you have registered)

The only way I know (let me know if anyone sees otherwise), you actually have to drill down into the warranty section, start a claim, enter your email address, receive your one-time password via email, put that password in on the BGE site.... you now see "your contact info".  Next, click to start a BGE components claim.  Now you can see your registered eggs like the screenshot below:

Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,273
    kl8ton said:

From the BGE main page, there should be a "my account" or "my profile" link that you can use to log in to view your profile, a list of registered eggs, etc. From there you should be able to start your claim.

The only way I know (let me know if anyone sees otherwise), you actually have to drill down into the warranty section, start a claim, enter your email address, receive your one-time password via email, put that password in on the BGE site.... you now see "your contact info".  Next, click to start a BGE components claim.  Now you can see your registered eggs like the screenshot below:

That is how I found all of mine.  I plan to screenshot that and save it with my receipts.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,648
    kl8ton said:

That is how I found all of mine.  I plan to screenshot that and save it with my receipts.
    If you are a little bit tech savvy and you know how all of this works then yes that is how you have to find it. It is jumping through too many hoops.

Any other account I have, I feel that my login icon is at the top right of any homepage. 

Electric company 
    Ace hardware rewards 
    Any supplier I have that I've ordered from in the last 20 years. Even if I ordered once. 
    Banks
    Retirement accounts 
    Suppliers 
    Voice over IP phone system for company 
    Streaming services 
    Waste removal companies 
    Gas company 
    Insurance companies 
    Etc

Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Ike
    Ike Posts: 328
    edited October 11
    I've had two claims with them in 15 years.  If they won't honor a third, they can kiss old Ike's ass.  I'm 75 and not that many cooks in front of me.  My biggest regret is not taking enough time to play games with my kids, at this stage, I damned sure won't play games with supposed adults.  I lived over half of my adult life eggless, pretty sure I can live the rest of it.  Have a nice day corporate...Ike
    Owensboro, KY.  First Eggin' 4/12/08.  Large, small, 22" Blackstone and lotsa goodies.
  • I've had my first BGE longer than anyone at Corporate has worked there. I guess that means no claims for me, ever. If anything happens to any of my BGE's, it will have to be on me. I am OK with that.
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,665
    I've had my first BGE longer than anyone at Corporate has worked there. I guess that means no claims for me, ever. If anything happens to any of my BGE's, it will have to be on me. I am OK with that.
    I offer that you should NOT be okay with that.  Push back if the sad occasion presents itself.  Independent of that, challenge them now to refuse to honour (nod) any means to register the BGE's you own.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • OhioEgger
    OhioEgger Posts: 937
    It's certainly cumbersome, but for the number of times the average person is likely to file a warranty claim it's good enough IMHO.
    Cincinnati, Ohio. Large BGE since 2011. Still learning.