Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

cyberq probe went nuts

About 90 minutes into tonight's cook, my CyberQ started reading over 300 when the cook was set to 220. I have a thermoworks (thermopen company) dot that was reading 220. I opened the egg and the temperature went haywire, jumping around on the cyberq by 20 degrees. I put in a different probe (I can't find who made it but the cable is brown...i know it was for the CyberQ/DigiQ but beyond that don't recall anything ).

Anyway, any advice on this? Having my probe suddenly read wild values seems like a real problem.

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,304
    Wires or connector probably went bad.  It happens.  Recommend replacing the cables.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• tau_ceti
    tau_ceti Posts: 28
    edited August 17
    I find these probes have a short life. Are there any alternatives out there? The brown ones seemed better made but now I don’t remember where I bought them.
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,838
    The original probe wires for the gurus where a thin tanish brown.  they have been out of production for many, many years.  They were rated to about 500°F but no direct flame.  I found some couple months ago in a old drawer in the garage.....

t
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.