Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: SV Prime NY Strip

CTMike
CTMike Posts: 3,357
SWMBO and I were watching an episode of Michael Symon’s Cooking Out where he made a NY Strip with a roasted garlic anchovy butter. 

Today was my biweekly platelet donation, and the route home takes me past a Whole Foods, and the boss asked for some veggies - so I decided to give his recipe a go, albeit indoors due to time. 

The steak was in the hot tub at 135 F for two hours, seared on the plancha, and rested. 

The vegetable is rainbow carrots and onions roasted in a pumpkin chipotle sauce that friends in Michigan sent us. 

I didn’t tell the boss about the anchovy in the butter until after she was done. 

All in this meal turned out fantastic. 

MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
Southeastern CT. 

Comments

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,115
    CTMike said:
    SWMBO and I were watching an episode of Michael Symon’s Cooking Out where he made a NY Strip with a roasted garlic anchovy butter.
    I didn’t tell the boss about the anchovy in the butter until after she was done
    I had learned years ago, to not do that.   :s  

"When small men begin to cast big shadows, it means that the sun is about to set."

- Lin Yutang

• CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,357
    Botch said:
    CTMike said:
    I didn’t tell the boss about the anchovy in the butter until after she was done
    I had learned years ago, to not do that.   :s  
    To not tell her about the anchovies, or to not hide something from her?
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,115
    I was thinking "tell her about the anchovies", but I see your point.
    Probably why you're married, and I'm not.   ;)  

"When small men begin to cast big shadows, it means that the sun is about to set."

- Lin Yutang