Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Leg of lamb with garlic butter and roast Edison potatoes

Stormbringer
Stormbringer Posts: 2,245
in Lamb
I tried to mix it up tonight by layering some garlic butter onto a leg of lamb it worked really well, I crushed some garlic mixed it with butter and spread it over the lamb. I’d add rosemary next time. 

Just in with garlic butter:

Ready at 150F IT:

Roasting some Edison potatoes in the MMX:

Carving:

Served:

Thanks for looking and have a great weekend!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
| Cooking and blogging with a Large and Minimax in deepest, darkest England-shire
| My food blog ... BGE and other stuff ... http://www.thecooksdigest.co.uk

Comments

• GrateEggspectations
    GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,880
    Great looking cook. Is that some Yorkshire pudding I am spotting in the final photo. Whatever it is, I would dive into that and the rest of the plate face first. 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,115
    Delicious!
    Are Edison potatoes a variety, or a cooking technique?  

"When small men begin to cast big shadows, it means that the sun is about to set."

- Lin Yutang

• GrateEggspectations
    GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,880
    Botch said:
    Delicious!
    Cooking by lightbulb?
  • dmourati
    dmourati Posts: 1,289
    Yum. Looks amazing. I'm Greek so I naturally love lamb. I've never made it though.
    Plymouth, MN
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,115
    Botch said:
    Delicious!
    Cooking by lightbulb?
    Heh, that reminds me of my dirt-poor college days.  Back then were a couple of late-night gadget commercials representing two brands, Ronco and Presto.  Presto had this neat thing that let you stab a hot dog in between two conical metal spikes, slide the tray into a protective sleeve, plug it in, and 120v would flow thru the salty weiners (WWBAGNFARB) and heat them up in 60 seconds!  

I couldn't afford one, but I were an engineering student and builded my own over semester break in Dad's workshop: short length of 2x4, two angled brads pounded into each end at the perfect angle, and each wired up with lamp cord leading to a wall plug (couldn't find a switch, but that was just an extra feature); still haven't received my UL Listing....  
    Brought my masterpiece back to the dorms, mounted a Ballpark's Finest on a Sunday night, and plugged her in!  Didn't see anything happen at first, but kept hearing a crackling sound so I let her run.  At the 60-second point I unplugged it and felt my the weiner; still refrigerator-cold.  Plugged it back in, and let it chug away, seemed I could smell it cooking....
    The door opened and my roommate walked in, he immediately recoiled and yelled, "Oh Damn, something's on fire!!"  Soon there was a bunch of yelling in the hall, and I suddenly had a party in my room.  I proudly unplugged my weiner, stated "Look what I made!", and pulled a still-cold hot dog off my 2x4, which had two small black holes in either end.  
    There is some principle about "contact area" that I didn't understand, apparently... 

"When small men begin to cast big shadows, it means that the sun is about to set."

- Lin Yutang

• Stormbringer
    Botch said:
    Delicious!
    Thanks. Edison is a potato varietal https://www.denhartigh-potato.nl/en/potato/edison/ it was a new one on me. :)
    | Cooking and blogging with a Large and Minimax in deepest, darkest England-shire

• Stormbringer
    Great looking cook. Is that some Yorkshire pudding I am spotting in the final photo. Whatever it is, I would dive into that and the rest of the plate face first. 
    Cheers, yes that's Yorkshire pudding, nice and crispy. 

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,730
    We love lamb. Your posts are amazing 😋
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....