Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Finally...pizzas I'm happy with

Options
CP92
CP92 Posts: 327
Got an Ooni for my birthday this past summer. Admittedly, I haven't used it a ton but have been fighting stretching/shaping the pizza dough. Finally got a couple I'm happy with.  Mushroom with no sauce, mozzarella, and goat cheese along with a Philly Cheese Steak.

Chris
LBGE
Hughesville, MD

Comments

• paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,671
    Options
    what dough recipe have you used?

Options
    Have you been reading my mail? I still haven't got dough that I'm happy with. I get the taste that I want, but can't get a good stretch. Kiddos are getting older so maybe I can give it a little more focus. 
  • CP92
    Options
    Today I used Ken Forkish's. In the past, I think I've just used random ones I got off the net. I did use Caputo Pizzaria Soft 00 pizza flour this time, but I have used pizza flour in the past with dismal results. Will definitely try to replicate next weekend. 
    Chris
    LBGE
    Hughesville, MD
  • CP92
    Options
    Elijah said:
    Have you been reading my mail? I still haven't got dough that I'm happy with. I get the taste that I want, but can't get a good stretch. Kiddos are getting older so maybe I can give it a little more focus. 

Yes, very frustrating. I honestly had no hope again today and was pleasantly surprised!  My day is complete!  
    Chris
    LBGE
    Hughesville, MD
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,901
    Options
    CP92 said:
    Got an Ooni for my birthday this past summer. Admittedly, I haven't used it a ton but have been fighting stretching/shaping the pizza dough. Finally got a couple I'm happy with.  Mushroom with no sauce, mozzarella, and goat cheese along with a Philly Cheese Steak.

Dumb question I suppose but have you tried any of the dough recipes on the Ooni site? I'd think they know what works best with their product.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Very nice. You are far ahead of me with your Ooni. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • CP92
    Options
    RRP said:
    Dumb question I suppose but have you tried any of the dough recipes on the Ooni site? I'd think they know what works best with their product.

I think I may have. As I said, I haven't used it as much as I should. But spring has sprung and it's a new year after all!

Chris
    Chris
    LBGE
    Hughesville, MD
  • CP92
    Options
    caliking said:
    Very nice. You are far ahead of me with your Ooni. 
    Yeah, I felt so bad I started leaning it to finish chicken wings instead of pizzas.
    Chris
    LBGE
    Hughesville, MD
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,771
    Options
    That is just beautiful!
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    Great looking 'za!
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Stormbringer
    Stormbringer Posts: 2,087
    Options
    That's a great looking pizza. I use a dough recipe based on Ken Forkish's one, it's so easy to manipulate when forming the base. https://thecooksdigest.co.uk/2018/06/29/new-and-improved-pizza-dough-recipe/
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Cooking and blogging with a Large and Minimax in deepest, darkest England-shire
    | My food blog ... BGE and other stuff ... http://www.thecooksdigest.co.uk
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

• bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,733
    Options
    Wow, that looks great!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va