Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Box Hinge spring

Options
Bought used green egg maybe 10 years old with Box Hinge. How many spring(s) should there be? Easy way to re-attach the spring?

Answers

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,923
    Options
    What size BGE and not sure what you mean about a "box hinge"...can you post a picture?
  • RLT1037
    Options
    It is shown on BGE website for gasket replacement at the bottom right
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,839
    Options
    if its this style and a large theres two, i think my small had just one but i have not had that egg in a long time. the simplest way to put the spring on is to have someone hold the dome open, put the spring on the lower bolt and pry the upper spring up onto the top bracket. wear safety glasses when putting on springs. the dome needs to be open when installing

Un-boxing Big Green Egg  What Is the Buzz All About

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,536
    Options
    SBGE has one spring on the hinge/band assembly. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,923
    Options
    A point that hasn't been made yet is that is not just any old spring you have laying around. You might as well buy them from a BGE dealer so it has the proper strength and not too strong either.