Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

crab stuffed, bacon wrapped shrimp recepie

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
HELLO. i just got my first big green egg ! on the video, was a dish i've got to try. does anyone have the recepie and technique for the bacon wrapped-crab -stuffed-shrimp on the new owner's bge video ? MEGA BIG thanks to anyone who can help on this one ! tom tinney

Comments

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    tom tinney, it's one of the forgotten master recipes. However, this does I think recreate fairly well.[p]Theo and Rita Bacon Wrapped, Crab Stuffed, Shrimp

Theo and Rita Riddle, Douglasville, Ga., cooked this recipe at the 1999 EGGtoberfest. It was called Savannah Style Shrimp. Several attempts have been made to get that recipe - even asking folks who were standing there next to them. Conclusion reached is they have never been posters here on the forum and they seem to have vanished before the VCR tape was edited! I looked for it too and could not find it so we developed our own and I have to say it is a favorite. [p]Ingredients:
    4 Jumbo Shrimp
    1/4 cup fresh crab meat
    1 tsp olive oil
    1/4 tsp pepper (black and red)
    1/4 tsp salt
    1/4 tsp parsley
    1/4 lemon juiced
    4 slices bacon [p]Directions:
    1 Take the shrimp. devein them and butterfly them.
    2 Saute the fresh crab meat in a skillet with olive oil, salt, pepper, (black and red), parsley, and a little lemon.
    3 Place a spoonful of the crabmeat in the shrimp and lay on a piece of bacon at the very end of the bacon.
    4 Carefully roll up the bacon and fold it over so the crabmeat will stay in.
    5 I like to then pour Italian dressing over the shrimp for at least a couple of hours.
    6 Get egg up to about 500 degrees and sear the bacon for a couple of minutes on each side then shut down until done...usually about 20 minutes or so.
    7 For best results, go to Lowes and get their fish basket that locks the food in place and place the shrimp in and close tightly. The shrimp does not dry out since it is wrapped in bacon. There may be a better way to do this but this works for me.
    8 Good luck with it.

Recipe Source
    Author: Posted by Neal from Mobile on May 07, 2002

[p]