Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

More pizza, testing my new peels

GlennM
GlennM Posts: 1,396
We had guests 2nite so a couple of pies and a Caesar salad 

In the bush just East of Cambridge,Ontario 

Comments

• paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,756
    Beautiful! (the pies, and the peels)

you dun good!
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,230
    Gorgeous!  Slide a slice my way. 
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,975
    I love pizza but also I  R E A L L Y love a great Caesar Salad!!! The appearance of your salad honks me off!!! Mind sharing your recipe???
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,582
    That is bringing it home across the board.  Any of those opening photos belong in a magazine shoot!  Congrats.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,119
    There is NO way one of those peels would survive this far south…😎
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,812
    Those pizzas look amazing. Nice work!
    Stillwater, MN
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,772
    Very nice!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,975
    GlennM said:
    RRP said:
    I love pizza but also I  R E A L L Y love a great Caesar Salad!!! The appearance of your salad honks me off!!! Mind sharing your recipe???
    We have spent 50 years perfecting the Caesar salad.  You need a nice wood bowl
    crush an anchovie with a fork and a pinch of salt to make a paste. Add about 2 or 3 cloves of freshly chopped garlic and continue with the fork to make a paste. 
    Add 1 egg yolk, a splash of Worcestershire, a splash of tobasco , a bit of brown mustard and a bit of Dijon mustard.  Mix together with a wooden spoon and then very slowly add light olive oil while stirring until it emulsifies .  Continue to add the oil (keep stirring) until you have the amount of dressing you want.  Add chopped romaine (we chill it in ice water and spin dry just before preparing). Bacon bits and croutons. Topped with FRESH parmigiana cheese -  enjoy and play around with the quantities. - a squeeze of fresh lemon brightens it a bit as well. -  good luck and I’m here if you have questions

As I know you like woodworking I was wondering how you might like my peels?
    Thanks for sharing your proven salad recipe, Glenn! Your peels are beautiful! Clear on down to the laser engraving! It is obvious you have more expensive toys then I do! =)
  • GlennM
    GlennM Posts: 1,396
    RRP let me know if you try the salad 
    In the bush just East of Cambridge,Ontario