Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Recommendation for cover for XL

Options
I’m looking for a cover for my XL with nest and shelves. It sits on a covered porch and gets very little weather.  I’m looking more for a cover to keep dust/pollen etc off of it, not so much for rain/snow. Plenty of choices on amazon but the reviews are all over the place.  Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

Comments

• Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    I am interested to hear how many people cover them. 
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,346
    Options
    I don't have an XL but have used Ravenna covers on other grills - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00R4J5DVG/ref=twister_B00RECARL4?_encoding=UTF8&th=1

They're pretty solid. Mine sit in direct sun and they last a few years before they get stiff. In a shaded setting they'll probably last far longer. Can't beat the price.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• bbracey21
    bbracey21 Posts: 319
    Options
    I’ll echo @HeavyG. I have a large that sits in a table and I returned the oem BGE cover and purchased the Ravenna for 1/2 the money. Very satisfied with the quality and what I really love is that it has four straps that go around the bottom of the legs to secure it perfectly. 
  • ceramic_cooker
    Options
    I have used the BGE cover from the Cover Store for ten years and it still looks almost new. Highly recommend. https://www.coverstore.com/grill-covers/shop-by-grill-brand/big-green-egg-grill-covers?style=52
  • 4TheGrillOfIt
    Options
    The newest BGE brand covers, the ones without the green piping, are excellent.  They’re light and don’t discolor or get stiff in the cold.  I’ve had one on my Large for the last 3 years and it looks good as new.  
    XL BGE, Large BGE, Small BGE, Weber Summit NG                                                                                               
    Memphis  
  • OhioEgger
    OhioEgger Posts: 901
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    I don't have an XL but have used Ravenna covers on other grills - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00R4J5DVG/ref=twister_B00RECARL4?_encoding=UTF8&th=1

They're pretty solid. Mine sit in direct sun and they last a few years before they get stiff. In a shaded setting they'll probably last far longer. Can't beat the price.
    Mine is four years old and still like brand new. Covered patio that doesn't get that much sun. Amazingly good product.
    Cincinnati, Ohio. Large BGE since 2011. Still learning.
  • AprèsSki
    AprèsSki Posts: 131
    Options
    I've been using a Classic Accessories Veranda Water-Resistant 27 Inch Kamado Ceramic BBQ Grill Cover on my XL for a few years and love it so much I bought a smaller version to cover my KJ Junior. Similar usage, covered porch that gets some rain or snow when the wind is blowing. 

Amazon has it for $30 
    Firing up my XL Big Green Egg, KJ Jr. or Weber gasser in Salt Lake City
  • Mark_B_Good
    Mark_B_Good Posts: 1,516
    edited April 2023
    Options
    How is yours sitting, on the Acacia table, granite/stone, or on the OEM stand? Mine is on the Acacia Table, and I want to protect everything I have stored under the table, so I bought a fairly heavy duty cover from Montana Covers, like the one below. It actually works perfectly! It also has vents on the side (you can see one in the photo, darker black just below the loop ... serves as a hand grip too. But in case there's any moisture under there, it can at least ventilate a bit.

Montana Grilling Gear Premium Innerflow Series 62 BBQ Grill Cover   Reviews - Wayfair Canada
    Napoleon Prestige Pro 665, XL BGE, Lots of time for BBQ!
  • xfire_ATX
    xfire_ATX Posts: 1,112
    Options
    I bought the BGE one at my dealer after adding shelves the Weber wouldnt fit anymore.  Had it 4 months but works well.
    XLBGE, LBGECharbroil Gas Grill, Weber Q2000, Old Weber Kettle, Yeti 65, Yeti Hopper 20, RTIC 20, RTIC 20 Soft Side - Too many drinkware vessels to mention.

Not quite in Austin, TX City Limits
    Just Vote- What if you could choose "none of the above" on an election ballot? Millions of Americans do just that, in effect, by not voting.  The result in 2016: "Nobody" won more counties, more states, and more electoral votes than either candidate for president. 
  • bbracey21
    bbracey21 Posts: 319
    Options
    bbracey21 said:
    I’ll echo @HeavyG. I have a large that sits in a table and I returned the oem BGE cover and purchased the Ravenna for 1/2 the money. Very satisfied with the quality and what I really love is that it has four straps that go around the bottom of the legs to secure it perfectly. 

• xfire_ATX
    xfire_ATX Posts: 1,112
    Options
    xfire_ATX said:
    I bought the BGE one at my dealer after adding shelves the Weber wouldnt fit anymore.  Had it 4 months but works well.
    My cover managed to stay on last night in the ~70 mph winds... I expected it to be lost in the neighborhood
    XLBGE, LBGECharbroil Gas Grill, Weber Q2000, Old Weber Kettle, Yeti 65, Yeti Hopper 20, RTIC 20, RTIC 20 Soft Side - Too many drinkware vessels to mention.

Not quite in Austin, TX City Limits
    Just Vote- What if you could choose "none of the above" on an election ballot? Millions of Americans do just that, in effect, by not voting.  The result in 2016: "Nobody" won more counties, more states, and more electoral votes than either candidate for president.