Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Best ash bucket

Options
Would appreciate recommendations on the best ash bucket for a large BGE. Just got a new table so cleaning will be different than when it was just in a nest. Thanks much.

Comments

• Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    Shop vac. 
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    Kick Ash Basket with a Kick Ash Can. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    I just get a small galvanized pail (maybe a 4 gallon?) with lid from hardware store. I have to replace it every couple years as they rot out. 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,895
    Options
    Based on the replies already there appears to be some confusion as to just what you are asking for. Do you mean how to get the ashes out or where to put them after you get them out?
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,759
    Options
    My lawn and garden

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Buckwoody Egger
    Options
    The BGE ash pan that connects to the opening is great for tables. Looks like a little fireplace shovel thing. Been happy with mine for 10+ years. Egg is on a stone and the feet, which would be the table nest now. 

If ashes are cold they go in the yard. Any risk of embers, go in a galvanized pail for a while first. Also keep a small hand broom to make quick work of any spillover on the table.