Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Butts and Apps

Options
Dyal_SC
Dyal_SC Posts: 6,052
Posted most of these pics on another thread, but here goes some more. 

About $23 for 18 lbs-ish of pork butt. These were boneless.  Didn’t realize that until I went to pull them. Turned out ok I think. Bark is tasty, but didn’t try the leaner pieces. Freezing the meat tomorrow to reheat for another date. Might add some apple juice and a little butter when I do. 

Did these low and slow with apple and hickory for about 10 hours. Once the bark looked decent, I foiled them up until they were finished. 

Also tossed some meatballs and little smokies on top of the butts to pickup some smoke before saucing them up with a mix of cranberry jelly and bbq sauce. Finished those in the oven. Kids destroyed those tonight along with some cornbread. 

Butts finished and shredded up. Off for the freezer tomorrow. 

Comments

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    That is "real nice!"

I like bringing them back up to temp in some Apple cider vinegar!  Give it a try!

Great Cook!
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,647
    Options
    A swing and a drive!!! 

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    Yummy cooks Craig!
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap