Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hard Core Carnivor- Ribeyes

Options
jdMyers
jdMyers Posts: 1,336
Hope everyone is enjoying their day.

Trying something new.  Hard Core Carnivor seasoning.  Not sure but taste good to the pinch.  Going light just in case.

Columbus, Ohio

Comments

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,047
    Options
    Love Hardcore Carnivore! Great flavor. A staple in the cupboard. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • billyray
    billyray Posts: 1,275
    Options
    My son gave me some of their rubs for Christmas and I just tried the Black on a prime tri-tip. My grandson said it was the best tri-tip I've ever done. I'm sure some of the goodness was the grade of meat, but that rub was the bomb. I cooked it the same as I always do, so the method was not a factor.
    Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small, PBC, PK360, Genesis Summit, Camp Chef Flattop, Smokefire 24, Traeger Pro Series 22 Pellet with a Smoke Daddy insert, Gateway 55 Gal. drum, SNS Kettle w/acc.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,526
    Options
    Yep- I finish off brisket seasoning with HC Black.   Solid flavour (nod) and brings out the colour )nod) on the bark. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 1,909
    Options
    Yes sir, I use their Black often for beef.   When I do use it I go much lighter on the salt but it is wonderful.

I have most of their rubs/seasonings save for Camo.
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • bobroo
    bobroo Posts: 143
    Options
    Looks like pumice from the area around a volcano. 
    If it's brown, it's cook'in....If it's black, it's done ---my Grandfather     Medium BGE
  • Moleman
    Moleman Posts: 372
    Options
    I just bought the 10 pound box of the black. Vacuum seal it and use give a ton away. But so much cheaper in bulk. I enjoy the red and the fried turkey as well. 
  • briwald
    briwald Posts: 103
    Options
    bobroo said:
    Looks like pumice from the area around a volcano. 
    Agree.  Or potentially asphalt patch. What are the primary flavors of this rub (suppose I could look it up)?

Maitland, FL
    XL BGE since 2019