Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ceramic Grill Store Monday…..

Making a road trip to Ceramic Grill Store in Denton Texas, Monday afternoon, Feb 6th. We should get there about noon. Would be great to see any other Eggheads who might be able to make the trip.
Thank you,
Darian

Galveston Texas

Comments

• danhoo
    danhoo Posts: 699
    It's a 23 hour and 43 minute drive for me not including stops. Maybe next time.. 
    current: | Large BGE |  Genesis 1000 | Genesis E330 | 22 inch Kettle | Weber Summit Kamado
    sold:| PitBoss pro 820  WSM 22 
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,789
    take some pics!
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,809
    I may have considered tagging along... but, short notice and a longish drive. 

Take pictures. Drink some brews with @tjv. Get crazy enough up there that he'll be telling folks for years to come, about "that one time Photo Egg came up to visit..." =)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,977
    Darian, please post a picture or two of Tom himself and his store. As a professional photographer I know you know how and hey…maybe you can get a side gig working for Tom! The pay might not be in cash, but in his cool merchandise! 
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,120
    RRP said:
    Darian, please post a picture or two of Tom himself and his store. As a professional photographer I know you know how and hey…maybe you can get a side gig working for Tom! The pay might not be in cash, but in his cool merchandise! 
    I will definitely try and get some good photos. I wish I lived close enough to work for Tom in his store. That would be so great.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • xfire_ATX
    xfire_ATX Posts: 1,132
    Ive visited 2 or 3 times when I am near there for work and time allows.

It always cost me way more than I thought,  but I am always happy with the conversation and the purchase.   I had to actually just buy on the website last time as I havent been in the DFW area in a while.

XLBGE, LBGECharbroil Gas Grill, Weber Q2000, Old Weber Kettle, Rectec RT-B380, Yeti 65, Yeti Hopper 20, RTIC 20, RTIC 20 Soft Side - Too many drinkware vessels to mention.

Not quite in Austin, TX City Limits
    Just Vote- What if you could choose "none of the above" on an election ballot? Millions of Americans do just that, in effect, by not voting.  The result in 2016: "Nobody" won more counties, more states, and more electoral votes than either candidate for president. 
  • caliking
    Are you there yet?
    Are you there yet?
    Are you there yet?
    Are you there yet?
    Are you there yet?

• Hey Tom!

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• RRP
    edited February 2023
    Photo Egg said:
    caliking said:
    Are you there yet?
    Are you there yet?
    Are you there yet?
    Are you there yet?
    Are you there yet?

Hey, Darian…if I’m not mistaken then just like your wife and a boat load of the rest of us older eggers have done….RETIRE NOW!  - honest, you will not miss the daily hassle, and besides you learn that “life is NOT a dress rehearsal” … I have had too many friends wait until that magical 66 years of age…retire and then die within the next 5 months! 

And lastly…life may send one of you a NASTY twist which you never anticipated!

• caliking
    Lookin' good!

• RRP
    OH WOW!

OH WOW!

I remember when Tom started this biz as an augment to his commercial real estate salesman endeavors! In fact I’m sure that he forgot I was one of those early customers 21 years ago who bought and still use a S/S grate to replace the CRAPPY steel and therefore rusted one in my Small BGE. I believe those orders are what encouraged Tom to take his next steps…and LOOK where he is NOW,
  • I wouldn’t be able to walk in and out of that room. 
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,789
    From your 1st pic, looks like Darian & Tom married up!   =)=)
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Photo Egg
    loco_engr said:
    From your 1st pic, looks like Darian & Tom married up!   =)=)
    I can’t argue with you this time.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • RRP said:
    Photo Egg said:
    caliking said:
    Are you there yet?
    Are you there yet?
    Are you there yet?
    Are you there yet?
    Are you there yet?

And lastly…life may send one of you a NASTY twist which you never anticipated!

I sure hope that’s not the famous “Ron twist” that @canugghead is always going on about. 
  • GoldenQ
    GoldenQ Posts: 578
    Darian, is that e wooden table in your photo the BGE table or another one.  It looks longer and I have been looking for a longer XL table.    Thanks for the pics
    I XL  and 1 Weber Kettle  And 1 Weber Q220       Outside Alvin, TX-- South of Houston
  • $549 for the BGE Modular Nest is ridiculous, I would be surprised if they have $100 in making one.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Photo Egg
    GoldenQ said:
    Darian, is that e wooden table in your photo the BGE table or another one.  It looks longer and I have been looking for a longer XL table.    Thanks for the pics
    @CGS
    Tom, can you help with this question?
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • CGS
    CGS Posts: 71
    Photo Egg said:
    GoldenQ said:
    @CGS
    Tom, can you help with this question?
    It is EGG's Acacia table. Both large and XL tables are approx. 5 feet long.

t

• $549 for the BGE Modular Nest is ridiculous, I would be surprised if they have $100 in making one.
    Post covid metal prices have affected all metal products. Have you purchased metal recently?

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    I've been putting off a big metal order to build the base for a mezzanine for the past few years because of the pandemic on top of the trade war with metal tariffs.   Anyway, I figure manufacturing costs for steel at about 3x wholesale prices.  So if hot rolled is $1000 a ton ($0.50/lb) I figure about a $1.50 a pound for anything steel is the material cost.  More for SS.  More for better alloys, hardened, cold-rolled, etc.  I'm throwing this out there because I'd like clarification on the ballpark.  I know that number varies widely depending on many factors and generalizing doesn't do it justice.
    I've been putting off a big metal order to build the base for a mezzanine for the past few years because of the pandemic on top of the trade war with metal tariffs.   Anyway, I figure manufacturing costs for steel at about 3x wholesale prices.  So if hot rolled is $1000 a ton ($0.50/lb) I figure about a $1.50 a pound for anything steel is the material cost.  More for SS.  More for better alloys, hardened, cold-rolled, etc.  I'm throwing this out there because I'd like clarification on the ballpark.  I know that number varies widely depending on many factors and generalizing doesn't do it justice.

put a list together, send it out for quote, send it to several places as the prices are all over the place. plan on them not holding the price for long. you probably cant buy it all at one time just because of storing it all
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
    Post covid metal prices have affected all metal products. Have you purchased metal recently?
    Yep. Not trying to kick up a mess here, just saying $549 is a lot of dough for what you’re getting there. They don’t even cut a circle for that money. 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• How much does it weigh @SMITTYtheSMOKER
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• I don’t think the price of steel has much to do with it. How much is the cost of fabric in a Gucci bag.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.