Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Roof Repair

Options
jonessteave
jonessteave Posts: 78
edited January 2023 in Off Topic

The girlfriend’s parents need roof work done. I do not know the extent of what has to be done but her parents said “roof is in bad shape”. Any recommendations for someone who does work in Greenwood Heights? What does a roof repair usually cost of roofing Vienna Va? (obviously, it depends on the amount of work but what are some rough estimates)

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Repairs are very subjective based on the specific damages.  A roof replacement costs between $150 and $300 per square for labor.   A square is a roofing term that means 100 square feet (10’ x 10’).  Shingles are sold in bundles of 33.3 square feet….three to a square.  A bundle of good architectural shingles runs around $40.  You can spend much less on cheap material.  

Overall you can expect it to cost around $250 to $450 a square.  If you have a 2000 square foot roof, that would be around $350 x 20 squares = $7k.

prices are higher when demand is high.  Roofing costs more when there is lots of regional roof damage, like from a storm.  
    Options
    If there is damage to the sheathing on the roof, that jacks up the cost.  Best to remove old shingles, some installers will want to put the new roof over the old.  That will save labor and money but you are carrying a hell of a lot of extra weight.
    Options
    OP is just a spammer/bot. All their posts will have a link to some site they are promoting.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,304
    Options
    Not to mention that they seldom use longer tacks. That means less tack embedded in the wood. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Not to mention that they seldom use longer tacks. That means less tack embedded in the wood. 
    That happens.  The nails, at the very least, should just poke out the other side.
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    OP is just a spammer/bot. All their posts will have a link to some site they are promoting.
    Crap, I wasn’t paying attention 
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Good catch 
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX