Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wacky Dome Thermo Hole Vertical

Options
I’ve had my medium a long time, and always knew it was “special”, as my XL sits flush to the surface. Anyone else have a vertical thermo?
Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.

Comments

• sancho65
    sancho65 Posts: 226
    Options
    That was normal with early non dimple Eggs. 
    XL, Large, 2 Small's and Mini BGE Arlington Texas
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,894
    Options
    I recall the word was it was an error made by some misguided or uninformed employee and they just let them ship. Supposedly not a lot of them were made.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • RRP
    Options
    sancho65 said:
    That was normal with early non dimple Eggs. 
    None of my eggs are dimpled and none have that downward angle.
  • Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    RRP said:
    I recall the word was it was an error made by some misguided or uninformed employee and they just let them ship. Supposedly not a lot of them were made.
    Thanks Ron, Maybe it will gain in value—HA. I like that it’s unique. 
  • RRP
    Options
    I recall years ago some jokester posted a picture of his dome turned around backwards and claimed he had a massive defect and wanted a brand new egg or he would sue!
  • Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    RRP said:
    I recall years ago some jokester posted a picture of his dome turned around backwards and claimed he had a massive defect and wanted a brand new egg or he would sue!
    Maybe he put his egg together in ignorance and was foolish enough to demonstrate it publicly. Either way, as my old man advised, best not to argue, people might not know the difference. 
  • RRP
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Jstroke said:
    RRP said:
    Maybe he put his egg together in ignorance and was foolish enough to demonstrate it publicly. Either way, as my old man advised, best not to argue, people might not know the difference. 
    No - he later admitted having turned it around and taking the picture as a joke!