Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Big Green Egg Lamps

Options
I’ve got two of these ultra rare BGE lamps for sale  looking for $150 a piece plus shipping.  Great for the office, den or anywhere else  let me know if you are interested.  Shipping is $22 USPS priority. 
Kevin Jacques
The University of Que L.L.C. ®
Killen, AL
www.uofque.com

Take Your Taste Buds to School!

Comments

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Looks like someone totally destroyed a BGE Desktop Egg and bastardized it into a lamp. They should have stopped at the Leg Lamp.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,893
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    Looks like someone totally destroyed a BGE Desktop Egg and bastardized it into a lamp. They should have stopped at the Leg Lamp.
    Darian, I guess I missed that era of “Desktop Eggs” as honestly I too probably would have tried to buy a couple and I too would have done my best to convert them to lamps! Pretty clever IMHO!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Photo Egg
    Options
    RRP said:
    Photo Egg said:
    Darian, I guess I missed that era of “Desktop Eggs” as honestly I too probably would have tried to buy a couple and I too would have done my best to convert them to lamps! Pretty clever IMHO!

Ron, almost everything happened in your Era. But I doubt you would have turned them into lamps. We had them in our Eggfest Cooks bag a few years ago.
    Now if these were factory blue in color…
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • RRP
    edited January 2023
    Options
    HA! Anyway were those the one some guy posted about many years ago that he had packed his away to be used as his ashes urn? I didn't check the size, but they must stand 6" or so?
  • Photo Egg
    Options
    Both of ours are still in the box but I will pull one out and measure.
    I have seen past posts were someone fitted it with custom working parts and cooked on it.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Given the height of this, I’d stick with the original intent of a card holder/desk tchotchke, too. Looks pretty cool!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,757
    Options
    Bge would want 300 today =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • RRP
    Options
    Just $300??? Come on, pal...you know how the NEW man in HOT Lanta thinks!
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,757
    Options
    RRP said:
    Just $300??? Come on, pal...you know how the NEW man in HOT Lanta thinks!
     Could be getting old. That's about what I payed delivered from Penn free shipping for a a large....
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • RRP
    Options
    Photo Egg said:

Here are a couple photos. It was originally designed as a desktop business card holder. I did not unwrap the ceramic dome cap. 

THANK YOU once AGAIN, Darian! BUT I still have to wonder just why you still had 2 of these in boxes!???

You are starting to sound like the 2 of us, hoarding whatever...yet honestly wondering WHY!!!

Remember I still have 12 bags of the original Ozark Oak plus "bunches" of other brands of lump and at least 240 pounds of ROCKWOOD!

At least in our case I imagine some clown will become our executor and sell EVERYTHING for peanuts - not having a clue what anything is much less what it is worth to KNOWLEDGEABLE people...not so much to raise money, but to get them to people who even care!! 

I'm just hoping that SOME way that before I croak that I can offer so friggen much to eggers to just come buy some, take some or whatever!!

Besides that my collection of wood working tool$ - both hand and power $tationary tool$ might go to someone who haS a clue!

Where I probably am going then tools are too hot to handle!

=)  =)=)
  • Photo Egg
    Options
    IRRP said:
    Photo Egg said:

Here are a couple photos. It was originally designed as a desktop business card holder. I did not unwrap the ceramic dome cap. 

THANK YOU once AGAIN, Darian! BUT I still have to wonder just why you still had 2 of these in boxes!???

You are starting to sound like the 2 of us, hoarding whatever...yet honestly wondering WHY!!!

Remember I still have 12 bags of the original Ozark Oak plus "bunches" of other brands of lump and at least 240 pounds of ROCKWOOD!

At least in our case I imagine some clown will become our executor and sell EVERYTHING for peanuts - not having a clue what anything is much less what it is worth to KNOWLEDGEABLE people...not so much to raise money, but to get them to people who even care!! 

I'm just hoping that SOME way that before I croak that I can offer so friggen much to eggers to just come buy some, take some or whatever!!

Besides that my collection of wood working tool$ - both hand and power $tationary tool$ might go to someone who haS a clue!

Where I probably am going then tools are too hot to handle!

=)  =)=)
    I only have them because they were given away in the cooks goody bags at an Eggfest. Tossed them on a shelf along with some other Eggfest stuff over the years. Never any real internet or purpose. Just sitting on a shelf. I never took one to my office because I figured it would just get knocked over and broken.
    And yes, like you, I still have several bags of the original OO. But I don’t count bags. I’m not as organized as you are.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • sancho65
    sancho65 Posts: 226
    Options
    https://youtu.be/7gH_rAiR6U8

This is the cook on the desk card holder
    XL, Large, 2 Small's and Mini BGE Arlington Texas
  • Photo Egg
    Options
    sancho65 said:
    https://youtu.be/7gH_rAiR6U8

This is the cook on the desk card holder
    Thanks for digging up the video!
    That’s fantastic…Mike even made a mini custom grid lifter for it.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,027
    Options
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota