Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

H&B apron with BGE embroidery.

Was thinking of getting an apron and having it embroidered with BGE logo for an Xmas gift. Is that possible. Has anyone done it or know where to get it done. 

Comments

  • calikingcaliking Posts: 17,731
    1. Buy apron

    2. Take it to an emroidery shop. They may, or may not, be okay with embroidering a BGE logo for copyright reasons. Maybe enquire at a local place, prior to purchasing the apron. 

    #1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • ksmyrlksmyrl Posts: 946
    edited November 2022
    My wife does embroidery. Some companies are very strict or charge high prices for the logo. Some will send you the file for free if you tag them on the socials. My guess is BGE is in the former category, with all do respect and understanding as to why. 

    I have a BGE apron. Bought from BGE and the wife embroidered my nickname and some other fun stuff on it.

    If you have a high enough res image some folks can recreate the logo w their embroidery software. But that's against the letter of the copyright laws. 
    Fish, Hunt, Cook....anything else?

    1LBGE, 1MMBGE, somewhere near Athens GA
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 28,205
    There is a thread here (too lazy to search) about aprons and cooking.  It was across the spectrum with regard to the comments.  
    Go for it if that's what you want to do.  
    Louisville; "indeterminate Jim" here.  Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!
  • loco_engrloco_engr Posts: 5,600
    edited November 2022
    check this out:  https://biggreenegg.com/?s=aprons
    HTH
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • RRPRRP Posts: 25,092
    ksmyrl said:
    My wife does embroidery. Some companies are very strict or charge high prices for the logo. Some will send you the file for free if you tag them on the socials. My guess is BGE is in the former category, with all do respect and understanding as to why. 

    I have a BGE apron. Bought from BGE and the wife embroidered my nickname and some other fun stuff on it.

    If you have a high enough res image some folks can recreate the logo w their embroidery software. But that's against the letter of the copyright laws. 
    You know,,,I fully understand that copyright protection…BUT as long as someone isn’t trying to mass produce something with a corporate protected image for a pot .load of profit then I just don’t get the reason to get all tied in a dog knot if some talented individual with an embroider machine can produce a special order apron!  
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • RRP said:
    ksmyrl said:
    My wife does embroidery. Some companies are very strict or charge high prices for the logo. Some will send you the file for free if you tag them on the socials. My guess is BGE is in the former category, with all do respect and understanding as to why. 

    I have a BGE apron. Bought from BGE and the wife embroidered my nickname and some other fun stuff on it.

    If you have a high enough res image some folks can recreate the logo w their embroidery software. But that's against the letter of the copyright laws. 
    You know,,,I fully understand that copyright protection…BUT as long as someone isn’t trying to mass produce something with a corporate protected image for a pot .load of profit then I just don’t get the reason to get all tied in a dog knot if some talented individual with an embroider machine can produce a special order apron!  
    Agree 100% with Ron.  It’s for your personal apron (you won’t market or sell it), so have the emblem modified with your initials and embroidered on your apron.
  • ColtsFanColtsFan Posts: 5,974
    I had an Aunt that does embroidery do my Hudson for me with my instagram handle and BGE. 


    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

  • calikingcaliking Posts: 17,731
    lousubcap said:
    There is a thread here (too lazy to search) about aprons and cooking.  It was across the spectrum with regard to the comments.  
    Go for it if that's what you want to do.  
    IIRC @jdMyers posted that. 

    #1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
Sign In or Register to comment.
Click here for Forum Use Guidelines.