Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Breeos first cook

Options
OK this was my first attempt to cook on the breeo. Got the fire going with birch, though that would be nice with pork

This thing gets roasting 

OK once the fire burnt down and left a  nice bed of coals the chops and onions went on

Playing with the searplate 

Looking good

Finished

I'm working my way up to one of  those Santa Monica's
Enjoy

Fort Wayne Indiana 

Comments

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Nice!

The Breeo accessories have been enticing. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • StillH2OEgger
    Options
    That looks fantastic!
    Stillwater, MN
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Fantastic...really like my Breeo but didn't spend the coin on the cooking grate.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Not only does the food look great, but it looks like it was a fun process. 

No expertise here, but I think you mean a Santa Maria. 🙂
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,375
    Options
    That is a slick setup right there.  You mastered it on the first cook.  Congrats.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • MasterC
    MasterC Posts: 1,375
    Options
    I wish I could blame that on spell check but sadly I cannot 
    Fort Wayne Indiana 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Have you considered a grill mat type of thing under it? If you plan to cook on it regularly, you may end up with grease stains, etc. on the concrete. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • MasterC
    Options
    Yes I have. I'm not sure if I will use the grate that much. Wanted it more for hanging my kettles on it. The post is only available with the grate and the hook is sold separately. I most likely use the grate over the fire at our camper. It comes with a spike extension so it can be staked in by a campfire.

I have a mat up at the campground deck and it's not pretty under it. But it does keep it from burning up.
    Fort Wayne Indiana 
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    Very cool!!
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    Wow . . . totally new concept (to me) . . . thanks for posting!
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • littlerascal56
    Options
    Good post. Nice to see you back on the forum. I did buy the PK360 per your advice, and have been cooking on it 3-4 times a week. Solid performer.
  • MasterC
    Options
    That's cool. Did you get the 30 
    Fort Wayne Indiana 
  • Ton_Til
    Ton_Til Posts: 85
    Options
    Good post. Nice to see you back on the forum. I did buy the PK360 per your advice, and have been cooking on it 3-4 times a week. Solid performer.
    Congrats on the 360 its still my most used grill for sure. I still check to see what people are cooking every now and then but try not to post. Seems like this place has calmed down a little.
  • Ton_Til
    Ton_Til Posts: 85
    Options
    MasterC said:
    That's cool. Did you get the 30 
    Its the corten X24. Wish I had gotten the all stainless like yours. If you are on facebook there is a Breeo fire pit recipes or something like that where people turn out some crazy food on their Breeos. 
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Ton_Til said:
    Congrats on the 360 its still my most used grill for sure. I still check to see what people are cooking every now and then but try not to post. Seems like this place has calmed down a little.
    Agree, for the most part, it has calmed down here.
    Please stop by more often, no mater what you’re cooking on.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • littlerascal56
    Options
    And post pictures of your cooks!