Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Water in the Egg from bottom vent?

After cook after cook with water left in the bottom of my BGE I think I finally know what's going on!!!  Last night 10 minutes after I lit my BGE for a low and slow I noticed that water was already accumulating in the lip of the bottom vent assembly. My theory is that the humid air rushing into the egg (or water absorbed in the BGE ceramic) is condensing over the vent assembly and accumulating in the lip.  The water then either drains on the ground or back into the BGE base.  I spent about 20 minutes with a paper towel sucking up the water and eventually just left a piece hanging over the lip (it wasn't anywhere near heat or flame).  This morning after 13 hours the paper towel is a touch wet but there is no massive amount of water as in the past. Seriously, after most of my low and slows there has been literally a large amount of water sitting in the base.  And no, I don't use a water pan.