Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OK...cheap *ss COSTCO pizza primer #2

RRP
RRP Posts: 25,887
For SOME REASON my iPhone is arguing with my Apple computer...so I may not be able to post a picture as proof!

BUT>>>I took a CHEAP COSTCO frozen pepperoni pizza, lifted those scrambled pepperoni slices off so as to add additional Kraft pizza cheese on top and then re-distributed those pepperoni slices...then just for kicks and giggles I added some thin slices of ham and one piece of pineapple sliced in tiny slivers...

IT really WAS very tasty...and I do hope I can post a picture as proof!
Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,677
    Sounds like you made a solid improvement. It's amazing how thin those pepperoni slices are. Adding the additional cheese and the ham was a big improvement.
  • RRP
    edited September 2022
    not sure what this problem is tonight...
  • But I bought a Papa Murphy triple pep pizza (3 kinds of pepperoni) tonight for $12,.  It was great.  
  • Who actually pays for their Papa Murphy's pizza anyway?
    Stillwater, MN
  • RRP
    Who actually pays for their Papa Murphy's pizza anyway?
    hmmm, you still doing that masked "stick em up thing" for a crappy pizza?????
  • RRP said:
    hmmm, you still doing that masked "stick em up thing" for a crappy pizza?????
    No, but heard it's possible to get freebies added a real estate purchase agreement. Crazy, right?
    Stillwater, MN
  • RRP said:
    I took a CHEAP COSTCO frozen pepperoni pizza, lifted those scrambled pepperoni slices off so as to add additional Kraft pizza cheese on top and then re-distributed those pepperoni slices...
    Put the pepperoni slices on a plate lined/covered with paper towels.  Zap in the microwave for 30-40 seconds, then put back on the pizza.  You take out a lot of the fat, without removing the taste.
    Raleigh, NC
  • I thought you were bullshitting but that doesn't look too bad!
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• But I bought a Papa Murphy triple pep pizza (3 kinds of pepperoni) tonight for $12,.  It was great.  

You should start a thread!
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,505
    Next time arrange the pepperoni properly so they don’t get mutilated 🤣
    canuckland
  • That looks delicious, @RRP -- and a perfect amount of cheese to me.
    Stillwater, MN
  • RRP
    edited September 2022
    That looks delicious, @RRP -- and a perfect amount of cheese to me.
    These Costco pizzas have been the only frozen pizzas we have ever liked, but they are a bit skimpy on the cheese. I add half a package of Kraft pizza cheese (mozzarella and Parmesan) and that just works wonders. Also I have found thawing them works best as does using a piece of parchment paper instead of the recommended cookie sheet. Granted homemade pizza is best, but when no real effort is wanted or time is important a frozen pie from your freezer rocks!,
  • stv8r
    stv8r Posts: 1,127
    Looks good.  I have found Costco frozen pizzas to be very greasy though, definitely blot with a paper towel before eating.  I wish I had a Papa Murphy's near me given all the love they get on here lol
  • RRP
    stv8r said:
    Looks good.  I have found Costco frozen pizzas to be very greasy though, definitely blot with a paper towel before eating.  I wish I had a Papa Murphy's near me given all the love they get on here lol
    not sure I understand the grease issue, as we sure haven’t found that after consuming 8 of these from Costco!

But we had sort of given up on PM until we had carefully broken down their pizza for what was turning us off! Turned out neither of us could stand those chunks of “sausage” so from then on I would simply say NO sausage, but please add some extra pepperoni slices instead! That worked every time, but then like I tried to get across here in my original post…Costco pizzas are GOOD and nice to have a stack of them in the freezer when a “case of the lazies grab hold”

”.

• We only go with the Motor City pizzas from Costco, which are fantastic, but do you have a photo of which ones you're buying? I seem to recall a few different varieties available Costco.
    Stillwater, MN
  • RRP
    but do you have a photo of which ones you're buying? I seem to recall a few different varieties available Costco.
    Please scroll  back up for last night’s photo!

• I've looked at that several times! Was wondering about the packaging to see if that variety is available at my Costco.
    Stillwater, MN
  • Kroeger had these for $4.99 on a digital coupon sale.  Bought one, added some diced red onion and diced green pepper. It was the best frozen pizza we ever tried.  Crust was excellent also. 
    And yes….you don’t have to buy an expensive house to enjoy this frozen pizza. Anyone can afford $5 and eat like a king.
    But if you are in the market for a new home, my wife works for the largest Realtors here, and can give you a “free pizza” per week for a year if you buy a house from her!  52 free Papa Murphy pizzas of your choice…unlimited toppings. Come and get it! Cook them on your BGE in your backyard.