Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

from 2017...old? So??? BUT it was STILL GREAT!!!

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,888
edited September 2022 in EggHead Forum
Last night I looked in our upright freezer and found a couple packages of pulled pork well preserved in Food Saver bags from 2017. Seeing that they were perfectly frozen I went ahead and plopped a sealed bag with 3 cups of pork into a large sauce pan of water. I just reheated the bag as is, and NOT boiled! Then I just stirred it up and hit with some home made BBQ sauce. 

My plated pictures of the meat on buns didn't do this meal justice...so PLEASE just TRUST me... it TURNED OUT GREAT!!!
Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,337
    Options
    I recall when you posted that cook back then...Glad it retained the flavour B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    Thanks Ron . . . good to know
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    Two forks?!
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    kl8ton said:

YES! After a Food Saver has sucked all the air out of a FS bag then the meat has been smashed quite  FLAT!!! Guess I should have removed the forks, but I stupidly assumed the guy who was. SO OFFENDED by the sight of a dinner fork had either died or moved on! 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    RRP said:
    kl8ton said:

YES! After a Food Saver has sucked all the air out of a FS bag then the meat has been smashed quite  FLAT!!! Guess I should have removed the forks, but I stupidly assumed the guy who was. SO OFFENDED by the sight of a dinner fork had either died or moved on! 
    Yeah I haven't seen him on here lately.  Looks delicious.
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI