Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Labor Day Labors

Options
I’m laboring on some ribs today.  What are you working on?

For all of us working folks, thank you.  For all you retirees, you’re welcome.
Flint, Michigan

Comments

• johnmitchell
    Options
    Nothing Fancy, left over tri tip a fully loaded baked potato and acorn squash 
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • TEXASBGE2018
    Options
    Nothing Fancy, left over tri tip a fully loaded baked potato and acorn squash 
    I like your thoughts, we are having loaded baked potatoes and tri tip for dinner.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
     BBQ yard bird pieces works for us and a side plate of home grown tomatoes. SUPER SIMPLE and YUMMY!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,467
    Options
    104˚here today, midway thru ten days of triple-digits.  In September.  :angry:
    I'm nibbling frozen grapes, in the A/C, in the basement.
    F*ck cooking.  I hate this crap.  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• RyanStl
    RyanStl Posts: 1,050
    Options
    I didn't picture it, but did a pork butt with Asian injection and rub. It turned out great. I was wanting to mix it up from my normal pulled pork 
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168
    edited September 2022
    Options
    RyanStl said:
    I didn't picture it, but did a pork butt with Asian injection and rub. It turned out great. I was wanting to mix it up from my normal pulled pork 
    What was the Asian injection and rub?  Inquiring minds want to know.
    Flint, Michigan
  • TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 1,909
    Options
    I did Prime NY Strips yesterday.   I’m used to eating Ribeye and my wife filet—we were fully disappointed.   

Guess that’s what I get for buying what’s “on sale” vs what we enjoy.  

Y’all’s cooks look wonderful.  
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • Corv
    Corv Posts: 365
    Options
    My rule - unless I want to try something, only buy what I like. Life is too short to waste a meal on something just 'cause it's cheap.
    That said, I've been trying the various local restaurants around here (there are lots) and deliberately been trying something I haven't had in each. In a Peruvian place, I had Chicha Morada, a drink made from "purple corn, pineapple, apple, cinnamon, clove, sugar and a dash of lime juice." It was totally good and refreshing. We shared two pitchers of it.

Somewhere on the Colorado Front Range
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,467
    Options
    Corv said:
    My rule - unless I want to try something, only buy what I like. Life is too short to waste a meal on something just 'cause it's cheap.
    That said, I've been trying the various local restaurants around here (there are lots) and deliberately been trying something I haven't had in each. In a Peruvian place, I had Chicha Morada, a drink made from "purple corn, pineapple, apple, cinnamon, clove, sugar and a dash of lime juice." It was totally good and refreshing. We shared two pitchers of it.

Life is too short not to try new things, constantly, either.  :wink:  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,336
    Options
    Tangentially related I have a rule (with a Texas brisket exception), "Never order in a restaurant, that which you can cook at home."  Has worked for several decades of great dining experiences (and some not so great..).  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.