Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How do I sell my medium EGG?

Options
I was gifted a medium big green egg for Christmas, I've tried to like it but it's not my kind of cooking. I've only used it about 5 times. How do I sell this thing?

I'm in Lubbock Tx.

Comments

• meruffne
    Options
    I’ve been looking for a medium for our friends lake place. Any chance you ever get up to Dallas? If so, I’ll buy it from you if we can agree on price. 
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    Sorry you haven’t learned how to cook on that BGE! But, don’t worry somebody will be coming along to take that bad boy off your hands…,YOUR loss but so be it! 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • wwinnc
    Options
    Medium eggs are a good size for a lot of cooks.  Maybe you should give it a few more tries- you might end up liking it.  What have you been cooking?  There is a lot of good info on this forum for new owners.  They are really pretty simple and very versatile once you get the feel for it!  But if its not for you I'm sure someone will take it off you hands.  Good luck!
    2 then 1 Large, 2 Medium, 1 Small !! Egging since 2013. God is good!
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,363
    edited September 2022
    Options
    I’m sorry you don’t like it. To answer your question, I would go on your local Facebook Marketplace, Craigslist, Classifieds, etc. Fair market price is around 40-50% MSPRP, maybe less, maybe more. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    Maybe the giver really wanted it?  Give it to them this Christmas?  If I gave someone an egg, I'd love to receive it a year later!
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    Maybe the giver really wanted it?  Give it to them this Christmas?  If I gave someone an egg, I'd love to receive it a year later!
    BRILLANT! Oh, did I say BRILLANT???  
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 1,909
    Options
    Bigdaug said:
    I was gifted a medium big green egg for Christmas, I've tried to like it but it's not my kind of cooking. I've only used it about 5 times. How do I sell this thing?

I'm in Lubbock Tx.
    dang, I’d buy it but I rarely get back that far north…Midland is about my range nowadays but maybe I can figure something out on my next trip.  Shoot me a DM
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas