Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT! Upping the game plan of a COSTCO frozen pizza:OT

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,898
edited August 2022 in Forum Feedback

This might get me thrown under that BIG CERAMIC Green Bus, but so be it!

Sometimes somewhere in parts of this country then constant raining, heavy snow, and even BITTER cold and even HOT weather...says ro try something easier!

So I did that tonight for the 2 of us baking in our oven INSIDE this frozen COSTCO pizza which was part of a 4 pack for $15. GET that?   4 for $15!

I had read some do and don't hints and only selected the ones I thought would work for us...mainly thawing before, adding more BETTER pizza cheese which I did using Kraft Pizza cheese. 

While YOU might not like it WE sure did...and SO CHEAP besides!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    You didn’t even have to buy a house to get that deal!?  Jk Ron looks great man
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• littlerascal56
    littlerascal56 Posts: 2,104
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Ron- use the coupon for 40% off.  A fully loaded pizza for cheap.   All fresh ingredients, and you don’t have to buy an $800k house to get it.  Lol.  But we really love the house, and were offered $900 for it this week. These fresh Papa Murphy’s pizza’s will spoil ya!  Might have to upgrade to another house, and get 52 more free pizzas! 
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Sometimes even a frozen pizza is enough to take the edge off.

Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,393
    Options
    @RRP - way to "da-n the torpedoes, full speed ahead" (@Botch ) with your thread.  Looks great from here.  Sweet peel as well.   
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • RRP
    Options
    Botch said:
    RRP said:...adding more BETTER pizza cheese which I did using Kraft Pizza cheese
    Sorry man, you just torpedoed your own thread.   :|  
    I hear you - BUT why must we sit there an hour later and say OH BOY THAT was A CRAPPY PIZZA, BUT I sere WISH I WOULD HAVE done this or that?
  • StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,748
    Options
    That pizza looks great, Ron, but I strongly encourage anyone who hasn't yet try to the Motor City pizzas available at Costco. No readily available frozen pizza that I'm aware of compares.

Also, did you add pepperoni as well, or did you remove, add cheese and then replace the pepperoni?
    Stillwater, MN
  • bbracey21
    bbracey21 Posts: 319
    Options
    That pizza looks great, Ron, but I strongly encourage anyone who hasn't yet try to the Motor City pizzas available at Costco. No readily available frozen pizza that I'm aware of compares.
    I’ll 2nd that! Very tasty for frozen pizza. 2pk runs for $10-$11 if memory serves me correctly. 
  • RRP
    Options

Also, did you add pepperoni as well, or did you remove, add cheese and then replace the pepperoni?
    OK OK OK...Yes I modified it! 

Thawed it.

Pulled off those huge COSTCO pepperoni slices& set thn=m ASDISDE.

Addeded at least a half pack age of KRAFT pizza .

Purt original pepperoni back on Proprtity

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    @RRP. Ron maybe I missed it but was that the three cheese shredded Kraft blend you used? Nice pie nonetheless!!
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • rekameohs
    rekameohs Posts: 263
    Options
    RRP said:
    OK OK OK...Yes I modified it! 

Thawed it.

Pulled off those huge COSTCO pepperoni slices& set thn=m ASDISDE.

Addeded at least a half pack age of KRAFT pizza .

Purt original pepperoni back on Proprtity

What we do is take off the pepperonis and put them on a plate with paper towels.  Zap in the microwave for 30-40 seconds.  Blot thoroughly with the paper towels, then return them to the frozen pizza and bake as normal.   You remove about half the fat/grease from the pepperonis this way, but it doesn't reduce the taste. 
    Raleigh, NC
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,082
    Options
    Looks good @RRP.  I get that sometimes it just is better to go the frozen route.
    As mentioned, the Detroit style pizza they sell is also good.  Also, they carry a meat combo with cauliflower crust that we found to be good.
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • RRP
    Options
    Ron- use the coupon for 40% off.  A fully loaded pizza for cheap.   All fresh ingredients, and you don’t have to buy an $800k house to get it.  Lol.  But we really love the house, and were offered $900 for it this week. These fresh Papa Murphy’s pizza’s will spoil ya!  Might have to upgrade to another house, and get 52 more free pizzas! 
    Oh I keep PM in my rotation in the winter months. I'm a "papa's pal" member so that entitles me to prices that beats their coupons. The Cowboy is our favorite.
  • RRP
    Options
    @johnmitchell - not sure why this isn't letting me quote your reply...but anyway - No I much prefer the Kraft Mozzarella and Parmesan for Pizza mix and I use it for my self made pizzas including my personal pan pizzas we love which are so good and so easy to prepare.  I use Mission brand Carb Balance flour tortilla wraps for the crust and actually just bake them on the stove in fry pans!
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    RRP said:
    @johnmitchell - not sure why this isn't letting me quote your reply...but anyway - No I much prefer the Kraft Mozzarella and Parmesan for Pizza mix and I use it for my self made pizzas including my personal pan pizzas we love which are so good and so easy to prepare.  I use Mission brand Carb Balance flour tortilla wraps for the crust and actually just bake them on the stove in fry pans!
     So it's more an open face quesadilla than a pizza. :)
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• AnothaStolenGenrator
    Options
    It is funny, because every time you talk about your new house, the price you paid for it magically increases!
  • StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,748
    Options
    dbCooper said:
    Looks good @RRP.  I get that sometimes it just is better to go the frozen route.
    As mentioned, the Detroit style pizza they sell is also good.  Also, they carry a meat combo with cauliflower crust that we found to be good.
    Agree completely on the cauliflower crust pizza being surprisingly good.
    Stillwater, MN
  • bigguy136
    bigguy136 Posts: 1,362
    Options
    Ron,
    Looks great. Who says every post needs to be hand-made food cooked on BGE only? I post about baked goods I do in my oven. We are here to share ideas around food.
    I saw how great your pizza looked and plan on keeping a few in the freezer now.
    Thanks for the easy inspiration!!

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

• RRP
    Options
    HeavyG said:

So it's more an open face quesadilla than a pizza. :)
    Well - I sure don't think so - I mean the crust is the Tortilla wrap laid flat, then pizza sauce added, then pizza cheese and then some slices of pepperoni. To me that is a personal pan pizza not a quesadilla. Oh sometimes if I have some I will add small pieces of pineapple or left over chopped cooked hamburger.