Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Slightly OT: pellet smoker brisket

Options
Looking for a little advice from anyone who has smoked brisket on a BGE and pellet smoker. Spending some time next week with a buddy who just got a Traeger pellet smoker and I'm planning to bring over a brisket to smoke. I'm comfortable with this cook on a BGE -- I usually run overnight at around 250 degrees, simple salt and pepper rub, post oak for wood, and don't wrap. I know there are some differences between these smokers and I don't have any experience using pellets. What, if anything, do I need to change with procedure/approach?
Stillwater, MN

Comments

• cookingdude555
    cookingdude555 Posts: 3,195
    Options
    The only difference I really experience when using my pellet cooker vs a BGE is the smoke flavor on the pellet cooker can be less intense.  Prepare for that by using a stronger peller flavor, a smoking tube in the cooking chamber, or even a smoldering wood chunk like you do in the egg.  Some prefer this lighter "kiss" of smoke and to that I would say just follow your normal process and it will be awesome.

• StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,748
    Options
    I definitely want to give it as much smoke as possible, but should I consider wrapping after the stall (or bark is set)?
    Stillwater, MN
  • cookingdude555
    cookingdude555 Posts: 3,195
    Options
    cool firework pic, brisket looks awesome
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,510
    Options
    Great weekend and if everyone liked the brisket, then a winner however you get there.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.