Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Anyone here use HexClad™ pans?

2»

Comments

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 8,100
    edited June 2022
    Nice backsplash @HeavyG you’re  not screwing around!
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,200
    edited June 2022
    I think we should all boycott this thread till @Botch posts his morning low temp fried egg.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380
    edited June 2022
    Nice backsplash @HeavyG you’re  not screwing around!

Haha! Clearly that couldn't be a pic I took as there is actually food in the picture. :wink: 

That pic is of the bottom of a Ninja pan lifted from the Ninja website. The bottom of my oft used Misen doesn't look anywhere near as clean.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 8,100
    I thought I had you! 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,735
    I have one that I bought years ago. Don’t love it and don’t hate it: it’s a weird use case thing where I always go to either my carbon steel or my nonstick I never know when to use this skillet. 

My nanny loves it though and uses it daily. Mostly I think because she’s not afraid of hurting it.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,806
    I have one that I bought years ago. Don’t love it and don’t hate it: it’s a weird use case thing where I always go to either my carbon steel or my nonstick I never know when to use this skillet. 

My nanny loves it though and uses it daily. Mostly I think because she’s not afraid of hurting it.
    I respect that perspective. Its only a pan. 

If one is concerned about a pan being nonstick, I think of 3 options :

1. The usual nonstick stuff. Buy a cheaper one, and expect to replace it every 1-2 years. 

2. Butter. Not as much Ramsey or Pepin typically recommend.

3. Butter.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    Butter. Not as much Ramsey or Pepin typically recommend.

Cali suggesting restraint.  🤣
  • caliking
    Butter. Not as much Ramsey or Pepin typically recommend.

Cali suggesting restraint.  🤣
    Hey now. Its not often, but I can occasionally practice restraint.

Not often. But, sometimes =)

• SoCalWJS
    SoCalWJS Posts: 407
    Yeah, I bought a set at Costco a while back. Still getting used to it. Much closer to a Classic SS Pan. VERY important to thoroughly preheat the pan, then introduce whatever to the pan, preferably with a small amount of fat (Butter, spray, oil, etc.) a few seconds beforehand. Need to use a slightly different set of utensils - a bit more rigid/stronger than what I use in a non stick pan.

Great browning/searing, a bit more “Stick” than a Non-Stick pan, but no issues that those pans are notorious for.

Another tool in your arsenal.
    South SLO County
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,038
    <Bump!>   

This video popped up on my feed, he came to pretty much the same results.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZ6oJ8SuYBA

But the real reason I bumped my own thread, he also has a remote thermometer available this month, kind've like the Meater™ but measures the temp throughout a cut of meat and on the surface, and predicts when the food will be cooked:

https://combustion.inc/products/predictive-thermometer-and-display 

I looked thru the whole spec and the FAQ, couldn't tell if it was recharged by metal contacts (like the Meater) or magnetically (like an iPhone), couldn't find anything, but sent him an email.  He replied in less than two minutes (!!), and it uses metal contacts too.  
    I also had to chuckle at a couple of the snarky comments on the site regarding using Bluetooth and not WIFI ("would you trust your Christmas roast to Comcast?"), sounds like he's been burned by software updates/overloaded servers like so many of you have.  

When does an old joke become a "Dad" joke?  When it's apparent.  

• caliking
    Yet to see/use a BT thermo that maintained connection, etc. while the cooker is outside, and I’m somewhere in the house. Would be  nice to find one that did. 

• jdMyers
    jdMyers Posts: 1,336
    I just did.  Used them all weekend.  Weird.  High heat.  Super slick non stick.  Almost immediately cooled bottom to touch.  Loved it actually.  Made the brisket cheese steaks with it.
    Columbus, Ohio