Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Meater Temp Controllers on Sale

Options
The meater devices are on sale right now. 20% off seems like a pretty good deal. I have the mid range one that works pretty well and I'm thinking of upgrading to the larger that has more probes and can go to the cloud so I can view my cooks while running errands. I'm not sure if I really need that though, but it would be nice on occasion. Anyone have the 2 or 4 probe version?

https://store-us.meater.com

Comments

• Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    Options
    Amazon has the same sale pricing.  Score!
    Clinton, Iowa
  • jwc6160
    jwc6160 Posts: 218
    Options
    Langner91 said:
    Amazon has the same sale pricing.  Score!

Nice, didn't even notice that. Same price and faster shipping most likely. Still on the fence about upgrading though. 
  • 6baluts
    6baluts Posts: 273
    Options
    - Pretty much all the wireless probe options on the market have a sale going on for Fathers Day.
    - I have a Meater it works fine but recently (Dec 21) I went a different direction wireless wise and have seen no difference in the two wireless probes temperature wise.
    -  However the overall versatility conerning (bluetooth/wifi or use of a wireless probe, or wired standard probes or a wired dual probe) coupled with the ease of connecting to WIFI was a what drove my decision in going a different route.

• jwc6160
    jwc6160 Posts: 218
    Options
    6baluts said:
    - Pretty much all the wireless probe options on the market have a sale going on for Fathers Day.
    - I have a Meater it works fine but recently (Dec 21) I went a different direction wireless wise and have seen no difference in the two wireless probes temperature wise.
    -  However the overall versatility conerning (bluetooth/wifi or use of a wireless probe, or wired standard probes or a wired dual probe) coupled with the ease of connecting to WIFI was a what drove my decision in going a different route.

Well, I guess you are going to make me ask. What "different route" did you take?
  • 6baluts
    6baluts Posts: 273
    edited June 2022
    Options
    - Sorry I went the Tappecue route.
    - I was able to bundle an two AirProbe2's along with the Tappecue Touch, two regular wired probes, and two dual probes (each sprobe measures both chamber and protein temps) for $240. Could not believe at the time I was able to hit a sale and a 20% off coupon.
    - Late March Tappecue had a BOGO on the Air Probe2's and picked up 2 more for a whopping $79.
    - One other thing concerning my versatility comment  BUT I did not add this option is adding Cruise Control to the Tappecue Touch which then would turn the system into a PID controller if desired. The Cruise Control option looks like it is simular to the Fireboard FBX11 and operates through a drive cable. 
    - The Touch is able to monitor 4 AP2's at once where the Meater Block I think can do 6 at once.