Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Houston Area Restaurant Recomendations

Options
shtgunal3
shtgunal3 Posts: 5,661
It looks like I will be in Houston for two nights on May 17 & 18. I will be tied up during the day so probably only looking for dinner. Thanks in advance.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

Comments

• GoldenQ
    GoldenQ Posts: 566
    Options
    Perry's steakhouse for the thick pork chop     Beats steak by a mile
    I XL  and 1 Weber Kettle  And 1 Weber Q220       Outside Alvin, TX-- South of Houston
  • GoldenQ
    Options
    Check post on Perry pork chop on his forum
    I XL  and 1 Weber Kettle  And 1 Weber Q220       Outside Alvin, TX-- South of Houston
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    What kind of eats are you looking for? We've been homebodies for the past 2 yrs, but could likely steer you towards something delicious. 

Houston has much to offer. All kinds of cuisines.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • shtgunal3
    edited May 2022
    Options
    BBQ aka smoked meat and/or Tex-Mex
    @caliking

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• caliking
    Options
    https://houston.eater.com/maps/houston-best-tex-mex-mexican-restaurants

Eater usually has good recs. I haven't been to all of the places mentioned, but I'd skip 100% Taquito, Gringo's, and Little Pappasitos. Hugo's and Xochi are more spendy (in that order), but I dare you to be disappointed. 

Can't go wrong with the original Ninfa's on Navigation. 

For BBQ , try Blood Bros, Truth (can vouch for these two),  The Pit Room, Feges, Pinkertons, Gatlins (brisket biscuit). J-Bar-M has been getting a lot of good press lately. Not sure if all of these are open for dinner. There are a few other joints (outside of the loop), that made the Texas Monthly Top 50 list. FTR, I'm anti-Killen's (even though we're in the same town/city).

My $0.02 - you'll find (or cook) great BBQ in a lot of places. Some of the Asian eats (and others) in Houston rival those in many major cities. 

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    I will back @caliking all the way. Don’t search out BBQ in Houston. We have some good places nothing in comparison to his other suggestions. The dude knows food!
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • GoldenQ
    Options
    If I had out of town guests for 2 nights, I would take them to the original Ninfa's  and to Perry's  unless they wanted something they chose.
  • shtgunal3
    Options
    Had the pork chop at Perry’s last night. It was great! 

• Ybabpmuts
    Ybabpmuts Posts: 940
    Options
    "I will be tied up during the day so probably only looking for dinner" 

Jeesh ... I hope someone is going to at least untie you during the day for bathroom breaks. Although, if they were smart ... they'd just tie you to the toilet itself and save themselves the trouble. 

Ybabpmuts 
  • shtgunal3
    Options

• caliking
    Options
    shtgunal3 said:
    Had the pork chop at Perry’s last night. It was great! 
    Seems like you're eating well :) Enjoy!

• Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    @shtgunal3 Not sure if you are still there tomorrow, but we really enjoy Cultivar and Squabble. 
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • shtgunal3
    Options
    Headed back home to Alabama this morning.