Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Replacement for the EGGcelerator

Options
After 10 years I have broken my trusty EGGcelerator.  Is there a replacement for the original on the market today.  I am only interested in a well made metal fan and NOT one made of plastic with all the probes, cords, attachment plates etc!  I found what looks like an original version on eBay for $250 but that seemed a bit expensive. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Comments

• stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    You're talking about two different applications.

Eggcelerator was to shorten startup time by forcing air through the firebox. 

EggGenius (a green Flame Boss 400) is for exact temperature control and remote monitoring of the pit temp and meat temp.   

Take a look at the BBQ Dragon.....they're $25-50 depending where you look at work great for shaving 5-10 minutes off startup times.
  • Bomilcar
    Bomilcar Posts: 3
    Options
    Thank you. I want nothing to do with the genius!  I could not find a full metal made fan for start up at 7k altitude.  I will check out the flame boss 400 out. I very much your insight. 
  • Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    Options
    I use a hair dryer, but it is plastic.
    Clinton, Iowa
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    Bomilcar said:
    Thank you. I want nothing to do with the genius!  I could not find a full metal made fan for start up at 7k altitude.  I will check out the flame boss 400 out. I very much your insight. 
    The FB400 is the Genius, so that's not what you want.  It's a controller, not for starting.

The BBQ Dragon, a hairdryer, or a leaf blower is what you seek.  Not sure about the metal fan though.
  • Bomilcar
    Bomilcar Posts: 3
    Options
    Thank you!  The Dragon looks like the answer and it is priced right!  Thanks for all the input Everyone.