Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ceramic chariot mover

Options
Evening,
The plans used to be free to make yourself. Anyone know where to download? Thx in advance. 

Answers

• Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    The plan to make a Cermaic Chariot Mover?  something like this? https://ceramicgrillstore.com/products/chariot?variant=31345539645498
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • sdiperna
    Options
    Yes sir. Looks easy to make. If I recall correctly, they used to post online the plans to make the 2x6’s at correct radius. I can’t seem to find them anymore. Was wondering if anyone had them.
  • Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    edited January 2022
    Options
    I would just measure the diameter at the felt, subtract an inch or two, and divide by two.  It will be close enough.  The holding force is really the fact that the base tapers larger toward the felt.  

Cut a cardboard template and see how it contacts the grill a couple inches below the bands.

As long as the two pieces can't spread apart further than the diameter at the felt, it won't fall out.  The key is getting the all-thread tightened evenly.

If you absolutely need the radius, wrap a string around the base where you want the pieces to contact. Measure the string.  Divide by 2 times Pi.
    Clinton, Iowa
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Langner91 said:
    I would just measure the diameter at the felt, subtract an inch or two, and divide by two.  It will be close enough.  The holding force is really the fact that the base tapers larger toward the felt.  

Cut a cardboard template and see how it contacts the grill a couple inches below the bands.

As long as the two pieces can't spread apart further than the diameter at the felt, it won't fall out.  The key is getting the all-thread tightened evenly.

If you absolutely need the radius, wrap a string around the base where you want the pieces to contact. Measure the string.  Divide by 2 times Pi.
    I know I have a solution for making this part...let me consult my workbench...

Options

Thank you gents!
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    just lay the 2x6 on the grill and trace a line.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    just lay the 2x6 on the grill and trace a line.
    StOp being so practical.