Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

MGT 490 Project Bourbon Memorandum, April 16, 2008

Options
dbCooper
dbCooper Posts: 2,082
A buddy sent me this today.  Put out by Northern Kentucky University in 2008.  Interesting read, 24 page long PDF.  Be nice if it got updated with more current data, to see if the various ratios changed.

"Introduction
In order to better understand the attractiveness of the Kentucky bourbon industry, our team
has put together the following analysis and evaluation"

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
Great Plains, USA

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,393
    Options
    Thanks for the read.  
    Regarding the industry and the sustained growth, I came across the following:

"It was back in 1968 that distiller's inventory reached 8.7 million barrels. With the ups and downs in brown spirits it took 51 years to reach a new high bourbon mark of 9.1 million last year only to be exceeded by the new record high of 9.8 million barrels aging across the state in 2020."
    The rebels of the '60's-80's and their switch to the clear spirits definitely is reflected in the above.  
    The growth has been amazing (I moved here in 1998) and shows no signs of slowing down.  See the below-
    "The Kentucky Bourbon revolution has seen tremendous growth since the turn of the century. Production has skyrocketed 436% since 1999. The state’s aging Bourbon inventory has increased 200% during that time while the total number of all barrels has nearly tripled.

“This is truly a historic and landmark record,” said Kentucky Distillers’ Association President Eric Gregory. “Kentucky’s signature Bourbon industry continues to invest in our Commonwealth at unprecedented levels, despite global pandemic disruptions, exorbitant taxes and ongoing trade wars.”

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,082
    Options
    Thanks for that additional info.  Causation or association that the growth coincides with your move?    :)

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,393
    Options
    dbCooper said:
    Thanks for that additional info.  Causation or association that the growth coincides with your move?    :)

Actually nothing associated with bourbon.  It was a career change into the world of manufacturing.  But I quickly went down the bourbon rabbit hole and am still there.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.