Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Your Ashes

Options
2»

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    i spread it out on the iced over lawn in winter, adds traction to the driveway and wood shed. soil ph up here is usually under 5.0, lawn cant get enough ash or lime. my ash will get dumped into the urn with the dogs then dumped into the portland maine watersupply
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    i spread it out on the iced over lawn in winter, adds traction to the driveway and wood shed. soil ph up here is usually under 5.0, lawn cant get enough ash or lime. my ash will get dumped into the urn with the dogs then dumped into the portland maine watersupply
    That's posthumous eco-terrorism!  AIEEEEE

edited November 2021
    Options
    I use a galvanized pail. Also holds the hot chimney.

When it's full, and the ash is cold dead out it goes in with lawn clippings and yard waste.

current: | Large BGE |  Genesis 1000 | Genesis E330 | 22 inch Kettle | Weber Summit Kamado
    sold:| PitBoss pro 820  WSM 22 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,138
    Options
    That's posthumous eco-terrorism!  AIEEEEE

Pretty poor choice for eco-terrorism.  Human ash is like a finely ground gravel.  Would probably sink rather quickly.  It doesn't blow all over like in the Big Lebowski.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin