Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Medium BGE pizza setup

My daughters Medium BGE has a 13" stone ( & spider) that came with the CGS accessories I brought her many years ago,
and I'm curious if my 14" stone would work OK for pizzas?

aka marysvilleksegghead
Lrg 2008
mini 2009
XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
Henny Youngman:
I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,984
    edited November 2021
    Yes, though she will need to get accustomed to the nuianses of less airspace due to the upper space restriction meaning less air being sucked in the bottom vent to stoke her fire. But, yes it can be done!
  • RyanStl
    RyanStl Posts: 1,050
    I did legs down platesetter on my medium before I got my XL and XL pizza setup.  Turned out pretty good.
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,126
    Couple things Dan.

1. Will the larger 14” stone allow enough airflow to reach the target temp you want to reach.

2. Using the larger 14” stone on top and smaller stone below, will enough heat flow around the larger 14”, or will the 14” stone collect too much heat and burn your crust before your pizza is fully cooked.

Cooking pizza at the 400-500 might be your max. Let us know your results. 

Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas