Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Large Nest to a Good Home (free)

Options
I finally pulled the trigger on a table for my large BGE and no longer need my nest. It’s one of the old school models that I bought back around 2005 with smaller wheels but I’m sure they could be updated if really desired. Local pickup in Houston, TX only. Contact me if interested and I’ll be happy to leave it out for contactless pickup. 

Comments

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    That’s very nice of you!
    What area of Houston are you located.
    My frame is rusting away on mine.
    Im helping with a family/friend situation in south Houston and will be for a few days.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    That’s a generous offer. 

For anyone interested, castercity.com is a great resource for all of your caster needs. I upgraded the casters, and the egg has been much easier to roll around on my stone patio. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,894
    Options
    caliking said:
    That’s a generous offer. 

For anyone interested, castercity.com is a great resource for all of your caster needs. 

I agree on both  counts! BTW I've bought many casters from them over the years. As the saying goes if Caster City doesn't have it then you don't need it!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    I'll add that Caster City's customer service is pretty ol' skool. I called,  and got connected to a guy who sounds like he's been in the biz for 20 yrs. Told him what my  goal was, and he helped me figure out what might best suit my needs. No upselling, or crap like that.  

This happened twice - when I needed casters for the table I built, then again, when I upgraded the casters for a nest that an egghead kindly sent me. 

sorry for the tangent, @aschaef.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,378
    Options
    Great offer.  Should be gone soon.

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • aschaef
    aschaef Posts: 11
    Options
    @caliking that’s an awesome tangent. If I had upgraded my casters I may have saved my original egg from destruction. I was wheeling it next door and it caught a slight lip on the sidewalk and over it went. It happened in slow motion and was painful to watch. The guys who came to deliver the new egg were like that won’t hold a large egg, what era is that from. 
  • aschaef
    aschaef Posts: 11
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    That’s very nice of you!
    What area of Houston are you located.
    My frame is rusting away on mine.
    Im helping with a family/friend situation in south Houston and will be for a few days.
    Apologies for the delay replying my notifications were off and I didn’t know anyone had replied. I’m inside the loop pretty close to the Heights.