Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Tenderloin Success!

Options
I cooked/smoked two pork tenderloins tonight.  Both slathered in mustard and rubbed with Dizzy Dust, as usual; however, this time I tried raised direct rather than indirect with the platesetter.  Egg temp was 350-375 the whole time.  I used a mixture of hickory, apple, and cherry chips/chunks, like I always do.  I cooked one to 160+ for the wife and kids, and I pulled mine around 150 (higher than I meant to).  No brine, and both were amazingly juicy and flavorful.  My wife does not love heavy smoke flavors, and she liked this better than my typical indirect cook which takes longer and may take on more smoke (I'm not a food scientist).  All told, the pork was great and I'm looking forward to Cuban paninis tomorrow as leftovers.  Probably my best ever.  Cheers!

Comments