Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

XL in DFW for $550

Options
Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
Grand Rapids MI

Comments

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options

Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    That’s a good deal
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    yes in deed . . . great price 
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    That’s a good deal

surprised you're not grabbing it up  =)
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Photo Egg
    Options
    loco_engr said:
    Photo Egg said:
    That’s a good deal

surprised you're not grabbing it up  =)
    My deck is full.lol
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    no peel off my banana, but am I the ONLY one suspicious of that? $550 for an XL?

HOT? Hidden cracks? Seller is not the original buyer to start with which MIGHT explain no hype telling why that is SUCH a great price?

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    RRP said:
    no peel off my banana, but am I the ONLY one suspicious of that? $550 for an XL?

HOT? Hidden cracks? Seller is not the original buyer to start with which MIGHT explain no hype telling why that is SUCH a great price?

Being suspicious of strangers selling goods below market value on the world's largest social media site is not a bad thing.

You can usually clear them up with a little research before contacting them, and if there's a physical location where the goods are available to see, in person, with the seller, it's more than likely real.  However, any shenanigans with money or verifying you're "real" with a text to respond to, etc.  Run far, far away. 

Too ( I mean stupid cheap) good a deal is always fake.  This doesn't quite fall in to that category IMO.

Options
    RRP said:

FB local pickup…I would not be very suspicious. Over and over I hear on this forum…Used Egg value is 50% of new.
    So this price is on par with what Egg Heads might think is fair.
    Some people just want things gone.
    Couple weeks ago I picked up a Weber Smokefire EX6 new in the box for just over $200.  I thought it might be a scam but followed up on it. Only tough part was fitting it in my Subaru. See posts on this forum all the time of people scoring great deals. They happen. 
    Kinda like wanting to win the lottery but not playing. Have to play to win.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    RRP said:

FB local pickup…I would not be very suspicious. Over and over I hear on this forum…Used Egg value is 50% of new.
    Couple weeks ago I picked up a Weber Smokefire EX6 new in the box for just over $200.  I thought it might be a scam but followed up on it. Only tough part was fitting it in my Subaru. See posts on this forum all the time of people scoring great deals. They happen. 
     OK, Darian...guess I need to get beat with a few BGE gaskets or something for being such a non-believer that such great deals exist! 
    I will NOW shut my mouth! 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Photo Egg
    Options
    RRP said:
    Photo Egg said:
    RRP said:

OK, Darian...guess I need to get beat with a few BGE gaskets or something for being such a non-believer that such great deals exist! 
    I will NOW shut my mouth! 
    Ron,
    Relax a little.
    No one is attacking you.
    It’s also good to be on guard when approaching any online purchase from someone you don’t know.
    But great deals do happen on a regular basis. They are not all scams.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas