Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Kick ash basket and can

Options
Got a kick ash basket for my xl for my birthday. So I picked up a kick ash can to go with it. Been wanting the set up for a while just never ordered it. The egg was a little greasy on the inside. Doing a little clean burn now so I don't hand to clean all the old charcoal out. Looking forward to do to the easy clean out with the new stuff. Haven't even used it yet and I already want the same for my other XL. First cook tomorrow. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
Greenville Tx

Comments

• MJG
    MJG Posts: 598
    Options
    Enjoy. I got that set up for my large last year and am very happy with it. 
    Large Big Green Egg in a nest. North Shore of Boston.
  • Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    Options
    I may have to break down and get the can.
    Clinton, Iowa
  • keener75
    keener75 Posts: 393
    Options
    I had the basket for about 18 months before it disintegrated but the KA can has been amazing when it comes to cleaning out the ash. I liked the basket when I had it...just wish it lasted a little longer.
    St Marys, Ontario, Canada  LBGE
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    I'm wanting to add the Can to my XL but just haven't pulled the trigger yet.
    But I love the basket in my XL!
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,920
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Both my Large and Small eggs sport the old style non-stainless baskets so they are rusting! But even after all these 12 or more years they work fine for me! I’m a fan of KAB so once these rust thru I’ll pop for the state of the art KAB and cans - whatever magic material they are made of at that point in time!

• 4TheGrillOfIt
    Options
    I bought the kick ash basket divider as well.  It’s great for direct/indirect on the XL without using a stone.  
    XL BGE, Large BGE, Small BGE, Weber Summit NG                                                                                               
    Memphis  
  • texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    Options
    After using that basket. I did notice the fire gets going quicker and egg up to temp faster. Also B&B charcoal hasn't let me down yet. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    Options
    @4TheGrillOfIt I guess I need to add that to my list. 😀

scott 
    Greenville Tx