Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Uptick in my steak cooking

Options
Greetings- I inherited a sous vide system from my Father and have been trying to dial it in for cooking steak and last night I had results that I felt were getting closer to what I envision are the correct texture and taste result. The default settings on the system were 130 degrees for 2 hours but that cooked the meat too much before I put it on the Egg (IMHO). So I went with 120 degrees for 1 hr 50 min in the sous vide. Let them rest for 10 minutes in their bags and then onto the Egg at 500 degrees direct for 2ish minutes a side. The color and taste were so much better and the meat had that velvety texture that just made me happy. Plated with roasted fingerling potatoes, grilled yellow squash, & caprese salad (not pictured).

Wine was a 2010 Wellington Cabernet Sauvignon Morhardt Ridge vineyard that went great with the meal. Any fine tuning suggestions or alternate time/temp in the sous vide that you use would be appreciated. Thanks for looking & stay safe!

Cheers,
Chris
St. Louis, MO
Unit 1: LBGE, cedar table Unit 2:Akorn

Comments