Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Probably a dumb question...but any Sturgis VETs here?

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,897
Note I said VET...lots of bikes with babes riding around here this weekend, but few with trailers, wide saddle bags, nor other signs they might be headed many miles North toward Sturgis.

Any biker eggers here who care to care their Sturgis experience?

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    LOL LOL LOL - come on weenie just HOW does my inquiry tell you to give me a "Disagree" slam?
    Do YOU even know where Sturgis is, much less what goes on up there, or how you would get up there??? Bet your mommy wouldn't let YOU go up there! LOL LOL LOL
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Kayak
    Kayak Posts: 700
    Options
    Ron, you'll know you're seeing Sturgis-bound riders when you see pickups pulling trailers with Harley's on them. Went around it once during bike week, and visited Sturgis and the Black Hills at another time, but for some reason, the wife never thought much of going there during 'the big show'.

Bob

New Cumberland, PA
    XL with the usual accessories

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,769
    Options
    the shop across from me sent 40 bikes last year in trailers, this year its less than 10. i think last year was a big anniversary year, attendance im betting will be way down this year
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Been through Sturgis a couple times but never on a bike. We were once heading out towards the Black Hills when the Sturgis rally was wrapping up. Really cool seeing packs of bikes heading home. I was tempted to rent a bike when my wife and I were on our honeymoon. It's such a cool area and experiencing it on a bike would have made it even better. Just not during Sturgis. One of those bucket list type things would be getting my bike out that way. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    When moving from Washington State to the Louisville area in summer 1998 our road trip coincided with many bikers heading to Sturgis.  Drove I-90 and as we got into eastern Montana about every gas stop there were a group of Harleys headed there and some who were touring the area.  Actually stayed in Rapid City for a couple of days, played tourist in and around Sturgis and visited Mt Rushmore at night.  I remember driving thru the town closest to the memorial and seeing what had to be over a quarter mile of Harleys parked side by side (front wheel in).  
    After getting back on the road we were again traveling with the bikers headed east.  Definitely a unique stop.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    Options
    I have ridden for fifteen years.  I have logged over 80,000 miles, which isn't bad for living in Northern Illinois and Iowa.  

I have wanted to go experience Sturgis, but it just hasn't been in the cards.  

Now that I have a new hip, I am riding further than I have been able the past few years.  

So, maybe next year, I can share my experience, @RRP.  It sure looks like fun!
    Clinton, Iowa