Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Smoked then air fried

Options
Has anyone tried this and have success?  I was thinking about trying wings this way. Also much more ambitious and probably wouldn’t work but thought about ribs too.  I’ve seen fried ribs popping up at some BBQ joints recently. Any feedback appreciated!

Comments

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    Makes sense; I've read that the majority of the smoke flavor condenses on the protein while its still cold, and I doubt that the airflow from a frier would "blow" it off.  
    Personally, though, I don't want to fire up two different heat sources (especially indoors) in mid-July.  ymmv.  

And now I want wings, dammit.  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• xfire_ATX
    xfire_ATX Posts: 1,115
    Options
    I've done it with Brussel Sprouts and some Filet Mignons (seperate cooks).  I mainly did it as I wanted the egg for something else.
    XLBGE, LBGECharbroil Gas Grill, Weber Q2000, Old Weber Kettle, Rectec RT-B380, Yeti 65, Yeti Hopper 20, RTIC 20, RTIC 20 Soft Side - Too many drinkware vessels to mention.

Not quite in Austin, TX City Limits
    Just Vote- What if you could choose "none of the above" on an election ballot? Millions of Americans do just that, in effect, by not voting.  The result in 2016: "Nobody" won more counties, more states, and more electoral votes than either candidate for president. 
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    There is a bar near that does this. They smoke the wings in the morning and then throw them in the fridge. Once an order comes in they warm them back up by throwing them in an air fryer.  
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL