Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Whatta deal

Options
Powak
Powak Posts: 1,391
Man Wally World is the place to go for RO. 30# bags! $16.96

Comments

• Cajunwoodcarver
    Options
    The last few bag is of RO I bought were just tiny pieces. They burnt up too fast. Anyone else notice  that? 
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    The last few bag is of RO I bought were just tiny pieces. They burnt up too fast. Anyone else notice  that? 
    I think you just a couple bags that were heavy handled. It's fairly easy to gently pick up a bag and rotate it around listen for amount of small pieces tumbling around inside.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    I try to feel the bag to see if I can feel big lumps
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • loco_engr
    Options
    @Powak   what part of the country are you located in?
    might put in your sig line for future reference

aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • loco_engr
    Options
    womaus said:
    loco_engr said:
    I try to feel the bag to see if I can feel big lumps
    That's what my urologist does. So far, so good.
     =)  =)
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
  • Powak
    edited July 2021
    Options
    loco_engr said:
    @Powak   what part of the country are you located in?
    might put in your sig line for future reference

I’m in the lobster state,
  • Powak
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    I think you just a couple bags that were heavy handled. It's fairly easy to gently pick up a bag and rotate it around listen for amount of small pieces tumbling around inside.
    Oh man I do that every time, especially at home
    depot. Most of the RO at Home Depot is 1/3’at least dust but the two big bags I found at Mallwart felt pretty solid and quite. If I’m goin for quality coal for a long smoke or clean burning stuff for poultry I’m getting RW but RO’s great for in a pinch. Is it still true RO makes BGE coal?
  • Mustache_Vol
    Options
    Yep, I’ve started to use royal oak less because of that issue and I got 80# of Kamado Joe lump from Costco. 

The shipping was delayed so long that they even gave me a partial refund. I think I got 80# for about $50. Hopefully, Costco messes up the shipping logistics next year too. 
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    Yep, I’ve started to use royal oak less because of that issue and I got 80# of Kamado Joe lump from Costco. 

The shipping was delayed so long that they even gave me a partial refund. I think I got 80# for about $50. Hopefully, Costco messes up the shipping logistics next year too. 

You can make 80lbs last a year?
    NOLA
  • QDude
    QDude Posts: 1,052
    Options
    Wallyworld has had this price going for a long time.  Tough to find though at times.

Northern Colorado Egghead since 2012.

XL BGE and a KBQ.