Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Pellet Joe & Wagyu

BSRBSR Posts: 153
Still not as good as charcoal but they did warranty my ignitor right away and it seems like they've pushed an update over WiFi to fix the temp control issue.

Cooked a wagyu filet and ribeye from crowd cow (Mishima Farm) on there last night... 

On a somewhat related note; anyone know what Texas Roadhouse seasons their prime rib with? I'm still missing it. Tempted to add msg next time.

Comments

• Photo EggPhoto Egg Posts: 11,116
    Beautiful uncut steak picture!
    Does Roadhouse have a bottled seasoning they sell?
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • loco_engrloco_engr Posts: 4,926
    aka marysvilleksegghead, moved to Basehor,KS 2/26/2021
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • WeberWhoWeberWho Posts: 9,271
    Texas Roadhouse worth checking out? Go in with low expectations and be surprised? I just found out that their building one here in town.
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 37,959
    WeberWho said:
    Texas Roadhouse worth checking out? Go in with low expectations and be surprised? I just found out that their building one here in town.
    Not in my opinion.

• BSRBSR Posts: 153
    WeberWho said:
    I really like their prime rib for one of the cheaper steakhouses. Their other steaks are ok. It's definitely nothing fancy.
    It's incredibly difficult to screw up a prime rib.  Even low quality meat (lean) will be good.

• kl8tonkl8ton Posts: 3,618
    Imho Texas roadhouse = last resort
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
    It's incredibly difficult to screw up a prime rib.  Even low quality meat (lean) will be good.
    I would agree and certainly don't think it's home cooked quality but there's a lot of really bad prime ribs out there at otherwise reasonably good restaurants.
    BSR said:
    I would agree and certainly don't think it's home cooked quality but there's a lot of really bad prime ribs out there at otherwise reasonably good restaurants.
    Right, that is true.  Usually you are getting yesterday's unsold roast, reheated (when it's bad). Or it's over-cooked, which is more common if you eat later in the evening.

• QDudeQDude Posts: 976
    WeberWho said:
    We like it but not for their steaks.  Decent food at a reasonable price and consistent.

Northern Colorado Egghead since 2012.

XL BGE and a KBQ.

There is one near us, we ate there a few months after it opened. It was fine.  Food that satisfies hunger at a reasonable price.  Just wasn't memorable for the food, and it was the kind of stuff I often cook, often without fanfare on work days, etc. So a destination for taking a break from cooking, yes.  A place to expand your epicurean desires, no.

• I cook brisket and it’s mostly hit, sometimes miss.  But the one time I did cook a prime rib I hit it out onto Waveland Ave.
    I have a very large vegetable garden.  Very large.
    Just this side of the ATL.
    Regarding epicurianism, the general philosophy, Francis Bacon wrote an aphorism that rings true to the hedonistic (in a way) sway of followers:

There was an Epicurean vaunted, that divers of other sects of philosophers did after turn Epicureans, but there was never any Epicurean that turned to any other sect. Whereupon a philosopher that was of another sect, said; The reason was plain, for that cocks may be made capons, but capons could never be made cocks.

• So much no on this whole thread. Goddamnit NO!  BGE
    fo-evah
    So much no on this whole thread. Goddamnit NO!  BGE
    fo-evah
    I know.  At least it's not about figs.

So much no on this whole thread. Goddamnit NO!  BGE
    fo-evah
    To support my cause this isn't my grill. My only grills are a large and mini max BGE lol.
  • Brisket_FanaticBrisket_Fanatic Posts: 2,880
    WeberWho said:
    Chicken Critters and Warm Bread with Honey Butter!! The rest is just a typical chain place.

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe