Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

EGG Genius

Options
Taking my first spin with the Genius ... and struggling. Worked for a bit, but then it got really spotty. Now I can’t get a pit temp and no fan. Says it’s connect, green light is solid.
Tim
Large BGE (2020), Outdoor Kitchen (Summer 2021)
Aurora, IL

Answers

• 4TheGrillOfIt
    Options
    If it’s new it’s may be updating your firmware.  You can check by going to Account in the app.  The newest version is 5.something.  It can take up to 30 minutes for it to update,
    XL BGE, Large BGE, Small BGE, Weber Summit NG                                                                                               
    Memphis  
  • TWags15
    TWags15 Posts: 71
    Options
    Brand new. I went through the whole firmware thing on the phone earlier today and it seemed like we were all set. The meat temp seemed to be working OK, but the pit readout gave me everything from “250” (perfect) to “- - -“ to “-91.” Weird. I unplugged, brought it inside and reset. It re-connected and the fan blew, so it’s working from a physical standpoint. Appears to be a brain issue. I’ll give it another shot soon. Appreciate the feedback.
    Tim
    Large BGE (2020), Outdoor Kitchen (Summer 2021)
    Aurora, IL
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    Sounds like a bad pit probe.  Swap the pit and meat and see if that fixes the pit temp issue.  If it's does, the pit probe is the culprit.